Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

car leasing in the states

car leasing in the states

Old Apr 25th 2003, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Agree that it is important not to get too many cards or make too many applications. Taffyles makes an excellent point about paying on time and not incurring interest charges. Once you get on that slippery slope it is very difficult to get out of. You need to approach your credit rating in a calculated manner. I would get a Macy's store card which will probably have a $100 limit and get your secured credit card, then in 4 months time apply for a Banana Republic card.

Pulaski, we had been here a year when my husband applied for a non-secured credit card from Wells Fargo. We had been banking with them for that period and they saw the amount of salary go in every 2 weeks. My husband's salary was 6 figures, yet they still would not give him a credit card unless it was secured. We closed the WF credit card when we left in 2001 and on our return in 2002 applied for a new card and got turned down by WF because they could not verify the income. They are totally useless as they didn't even call the employer to check. However FirstUSA saw fit to approve a visa card with a $7,500 limit the following week when he applied.