Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Car Insurance?

Wikiposts

Car Insurance?

Old Jan 16th 2013, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Insurance?

Originally Posted by 6mthBreak
Which Insurance company did you go with? Or is the broker local CA cover only?
Through a local broker - originally the insurer was Liberty Mutual but now it's Commerce West (?).
Old Jan 16th 2013, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Bayleaf_01 will become famous soon enoughBayleaf_01 will become famous soon enough

I learnt an interesting fact today.

I am about to swap an 8 month old Ford Fiesta for a brand new Ford Explorer (Fiesta was just too small) and my insurance went down! When I asked why, I was told it is related to safety and the fact that you are more likely to be killed in a small car - so a bigger risk to the insurance company!
Old Jan 16th 2013, 1:29 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bayleaf_01
I learnt an interesting fact today.

I am about to swap an 8 month old Ford Fiesta for a brand new Ford Explorer (Fiesta was just too small) and my insurance went down! When I asked why, I was told it is related to safety and the fact that you are more likely to be killed in a small car - so a bigger risk to the insurance company!
Yep. Like 4 doors are usually cheaper than 2 doors to insure. But check your liability coverage - the flip side of your situation is that you have a better chance of putting other people in the hospital.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

richbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey All...

My (USC) wife dug up this website to explain the variables when it comes to car insurance cover levels in America. I thought the site was useful, so figured I'd post it here...

US News -- Car Insurance

Hope it's of some help.

Rich.