Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Cannot check in online!

Cannot check in online!

Old Apr 12th 2009, 2:46 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cannot check in online!

I am going to have a grumble, there appears to be no logic in this, or am I missing the point!

I go to check in online for my flight tomorrow and the check in asks me:

1. Am I am Lawful Permenant resident so I check the YES box

2.Please enter your A# Yep

3. Result....We cannot process this request you will need a rtn ticket or proof of forwarding journey

So I call the Airline and they tell me that as a PR you cannot check in online with a GC for rtn journey to the US, then WHY THE F@@K are they asking for it in the 1st place!
Old Apr 12th 2009, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannot check in online!

Eek!

What a PITA!
Old Apr 12th 2009, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Poppy!! Almost out of there and they are not making things easy huh? Good luck hun, maybe you can just sort it all out at the airport? Make sure you get there early!
Old Apr 12th 2009, 3:32 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Poor Poppy!! Almost out of there and they are not making things easy huh? Good luck hun, maybe you can just sort it all out at the airport? Make sure you get there early!
Oh they reckon its normal procedure that they like to see the actual documents, I just don't understand why have the option to check in if its not available, should it not say option 3. if you're a GC Holder then forget it your screwed, check in at the airport lol
Old Apr 12th 2009, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Oh they reckon its normal procedure that they like to see the actual documents, I just don't understand why have the option to check in if its not available, should it not say option 3. if you're a GC Holder then forget it your screwed, check in at the airport lol

Yes it should! Maybe you should suggest it to them? Although, if you want to get home and not thrown in the 'back of customs' maybe not Good luck hon, your almost there! (here)
Old Apr 12th 2009, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Yes it should! Maybe you should suggest it to them? Although, if you want to get home and not thrown in the 'back of customs' maybe not Good luck hon, your almost there! (here)
Well I will give you a hint where the call center was for tech support, somewhere, where Slumdogs congregate .....I did suggest it and he was polite of course,but I am 100% sure it went over his head lol.

I JUST WANNA COME HOME
Old Apr 12th 2009, 4:13 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to have a grumble, there appears to be no logic in this, or am I missing the point!

I go to check in online for my flight tomorrow and the check in asks me:

1. Am I am Lawful Permenant resident so I check the YES box

2.Please enter your A# Yep

3. Result....We cannot process this request you will need a rtn ticket or proof of forwarding journey

So I call the Airline and they tell me that as a PR you cannot check in online with a GC for rtn journey to the US, then WHY THE F@@K are they asking for it in the 1st place!
My bet is that you used to be able to do it, then they changed that bit, but didn't want to spend the money to revamp the whole thing.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Which airline?
Old Apr 12th 2009, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
My bet is that you used to be able to do it, then they changed that bit, but didn't want to spend the money to revamp the whole thing.
Yep probably right

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Which airline?
United
Old Apr 12th 2009, 4:45 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

I've done online check in tons of times and not had this problem
Old Apr 12th 2009, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Juswus
I've done online check in tons of times and not had this problem
What with United and Alien number, rtn flight!!
Old Apr 12th 2009, 5:54 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

What with United and Alien number, rtn flight!!

ahhh..ok, I need to read threads better. No this was BA return flights.

But you would think airlines would have the same policies. that's silly
Old Apr 12th 2009, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Juswus
ahhh..ok, I need to read threads better. No this was BA return flights.

But you would think airlines would have the same policies. that's silly
I did a google and it appears that as I did not present it on the way out it has to be physically presented on the rtn ie the GC....now I also remember I think, that when I flew BA they and most others ask you for your alien number when you add a profile or check in for departure.

Soon find out either way
Old Apr 12th 2009, 6:57 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Well I will give you a hint where the call center was for tech support, somewhere, where Slumdogs congregate .....I did suggest it and he was polite of course,but I am 100% sure it went over his head lol.

I JUST WANNA COME HOME
I didn't like to say, but I made a call. You're not coming back til you've got the soap powder and chocolates, lady.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna
I didn't like to say, but I made a call. You're not coming back til you've got the soap powder and chocolates, lady.
Very flippen funny,what was it you wanted me to get for you again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.