Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Can I post here?

Can I post here?

Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

lauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can I post here?

I admit it, I am an American, U.S. citizen, born and raised in California...but I always seem to hit it off with Brits and thought it might be fun to post here. My mother was born in London, does that help? I have visited London 3 times, will probably be taking a trip to visit a Brit email penpal sometime in coming months. I am an old chick, schoolteacher, old enough to remember exactly what I was doing when Pres. Kennedy was assassinated. Look at it this way, maybe it would help to have a native U.S. person on the board for contrast and feedback on life in the States. I'm really not too bad--I walked out on The Patriot. Brits rock!
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:39 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I post here?

Originally Posted by lauriejane
I admit it, I am an American, U.S. citizen, born and raised in California...but I always seem to hit it off with Brits and thought it might be fun to post here. My mother was born in London, does that help? I have visited London 3 times, will probably be taking a trip to visit a Brit email penpal sometime in coming months. I am an old chick, schoolteacher, old enough to remember exactly what I was doing when Pres. Kennedy was assassinated. Look at it this way, maybe it would help to have a native U.S. person on the board for contrast and feedback on life in the States. I'm really not too bad--I walked out on The Patriot. Brits rock!
Your very welcome ...God know what you are talking about though ...
Do you do a lot of drugs or drink a lot ....
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

lauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Your very welcome ...God know what you are talking about though ...
Do you do a lot of drugs or drink a lot ....
Only if you count the 60s when I lived in San Francisco.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Welcome. A lot of us are married to septics. Some just post here to vent, so please don't get too offended by the gross level of sarcasm.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gardnma
Welcome. A lot of us are married to septics. Some just post here to vent, so please don't get too offended by the gross level of sarcasm.
I've already read a lot of the venting posts. Some of them made me laugh because they were so acerbic but true. I really felt for that guy who says he can't handle all the shallow histrionic vitamin poppers in Santa Monica, California. I live nearby and know what he means! Sometimes the viewpoint of the outsider adds insight for those of us too close to it to be more objective. As for those who are just homesick...I've lived in other countries and can really understand such feelings so I don't think I will take offense easily.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 12:40 am

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to BE.

I would like some of whatever it is your on right now.

Out of curiosity, what where you doing when President Kennedy was assassinated, was it acid?

Last edited by Pony; Oct 21st 2006 at 12:43 am.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:46 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

I've already read a lot of the venting posts. Some of them made me laugh because they were so acerbic but true. I really felt for that guy who says he can't handle all the shallow histrionic vitamin poppers in Santa Monica, California. I live nearby and know what he means! Sometimes the viewpoint of the outsider adds insight for those of us too close to it to be more objective. As for those who are just homesick...I've lived in other countries and can really understand such feelings so I don't think I will take offense easily.
You're American, and said "histrionic". I like you already. Welcome!
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:11 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to BE

you ain't the only yokel to post here
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:21 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome - we take all nutters - cheers!
Old Oct 21st 2006, 4:23 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE!

Post away! We like Yanks with a bit of Brit perspective!

Old Oct 21st 2006, 7:38 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I admit it, I am an American, U.S. citizen, born and raised in California...
Not another bloody Californian

but I always seem to hit it off with Brits
really?....I hate being called a "Brit".

My mother was born in London, does that help?
It helps her...and 50% of your gene pool.

I am an old chick
You'll have lots in common with all the women on this forum then.

schoolteacher
Not another bloody Liberal

Look at it this way, maybe it would help to have a native U.S. person on the board for contrast and feedback on life in the States.
Nope. We have Amerlisa for that and she's no flippin help at all. By "native" may I ask what tribe?

I'm really not too bad--
I'll be the judge of that Mrs. you're on probation here, after 2 years we might decide to remove a few conditions of your stay here subject to you keeping your nose clean and passing an interview infront of selected members.

I walked out on The Patriot
Ahhh ..but you did actually walk "in".
Old Oct 21st 2006, 7:47 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
Nope. We have Amerlisa for that and she's no flippin help at all. By "native" may I ask what tribe?
Cherokee in my case ( a wee bit )

Rushie do you want to be called an Englishman or a Londoner or will either do?

lauriejane -- I am an American married to a Dutchman and we are both members here. First lesson (and I learned all of them the hard way): many people want to be called by the individual nation they come from: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland -- with the latter sometimes calling themselves just Irish. And this doesn't even count the folks on various islands!
Old Oct 21st 2006, 7:58 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Cherokee in my case ( a wee bit )

Rushie do you want to be called an Englishman or a Londoner or will either do?

lauriejane -- I am an American married to a Dutchman and we are both members here. First lesson (and I learned all of them the hard way): many people want to be called by the individual nation they come from: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland -- with the latter sometimes calling themselves just Irish. And this doesn't even count the folks on various islands!
Don't be calling me "Rushie".....people will talk.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 10:29 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rushman
really?....I hate being called a "Brit".

Brit, Brit, Brit, Brit, Brit, Brit, Brit, Brit,

.........................and Brit.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:19 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and Welcome.
I can't say that I am very fond of being called a Brit either, my boss does it all the time to piss me off, (which he succeeds in doing 90% of the time. )
I am British or English and an adopted Welsh person so any of those are just fine with me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.