Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Can I move while waiting for plastic card?

Can I move while waiting for plastic card?

Old May 5th 2002, 2:02 am
Just Joined

residentalien is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I move while waiting for plastic card?

I received a stamp on Monday and will be moving to a different state within couple of weeks, for a couple of months - Summer school. My residence still is in the old location where the card is suppose to arrive

Should I send the form to them (there is an option for temporary change of addrees for work or school) while waiting for the I-551 to arrive? What is going to happen if I get the card but I'll have the address/package forwarded to my new address?

Sounds like a scary situation!!

Is the post office going to send it back or INS after being notified will send the package to my new address but that will delay the process ..

Anybody?

Thanks!

BTW, great forum!
Old May 6th 2002, 12:19 am
Just Joined

residentalien is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can I move while waiting for plastic card?

Anyone please?
Old May 7th 2002, 3:10 pm
Shelley

Default Re: Can I move while waiting for plastic card?

You don't need to notify the INS if you are only going to be gone a few months.
Chances are the change of address wouldn't catch up to your original file anyway, and
even if it did you would then have to added mess of trying to get it changed it back
when you returned. You can have the USPS temporarily forward your mail to your summer
address, and if your plastic card comes in the mail, it will be forwarded to you. Or
you can have your mail held at your current Post Office, and have a relative or
friend pick it up once a week and mail the important stuff to you. Take Care. Shelley

"residentalien" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I received a stamp on Monday and will be moving to a different state within couple
    > of weeks, for a couple of months - Summer school. My residence still is in the old
    > location where the card is suppose to arrive
    >
    > Should I send the form to them (there is an option for temporary change of addrees
    > for work or school) while waiting for the I-551 to arrive? What is going to happen
    > if I get the card but I'll have the address/package forwarded to my new address?
    >
    > Sounds like a scary situation!!
    >
    > Is the post office going to send it back or INS after being notified will send the
    > package to my new address but that will delay the process ..
    >
    > Anybody?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > BTW, great forum!
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com