Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

can anyone help please.....

can anyone help please.....

Old Aug 29th 2002, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

paula29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question can anyone help please.....

Ok heres my story....... I live in Canada and my bf lives in the U.S.A we have one child together and I have 2 other children by my ex. I want to move over to the usa with him but i dont know the first thing to do. Everyone is telling us to get married and I just go over there and worry about what happens when i get there, but what if i get kicked out i mean i do have kids. I am so worried to take a chance but on the other hand i want to be with him so bad. what can i do to get over there as soon as possibe. thanks everyone. by the way im new sorry
Old Aug 29th 2002, 8:16 pm
Toni D

Default Re: can anyone help please.....

>From: paula29 [email protected] Date: 8/29/02 3:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time

>Ok heres my story....... I live in Canada and my bf lives in the U.S.A we have one
    >child together and I have 2 other children by my ex. I want to move over to the usa
    >with him but i dont know the first thing to do. Everyone is telling us to get
    >married and I just go over there and worry about what happens when i get there, but
    >what if i get kicked out i mean i do have kids. I am so worried to take a chance
    >but on the other hand i want to be with him so bad. what can i do to get over there
    >as soon as possibe. thanks everyone. by the way im new sorry
    >--

Real, mature love has patience. The act now and worry about the consequences later
isn't going to serve you or your children well and probably hasn't in the past. What
is it you want to do? Come here and just live with your boyfriend? Get married?
First you have to actually take some time to think about what you want to do and then
plan ahead. Sounds like you are ready to risk being turned away or removed just to
be with your boyfriend. Follow proper procedures. You have a couple of choices with
immigration. Get married in your country and have your new husband petition for you
as his wife or have him file a fiance petition so you can come here and get married
within 90 days. I don't think there's a way you can just come here and live with
him. Visit maybe.