Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Calls to UK - unlimited plan - $40

Wikiposts

Calls to UK - unlimited plan - $40

Old Aug 18th 2005, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calls to UK - unlimited plan - $40

trying to sign up but my city is not listed......I have to keep my same phone number
Old Aug 18th 2005, 3:38 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psb182
trying to sign up but my city is not listed......I have to keep my same phone number

They issue you a temporary one while they're porting your old number (they don't charge you for it). There's a shortage of phone numbers in the US.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 3:41 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by fatbrit
They issue you a temporary one while they're porting your old number (they don't charge you for it). There's a shortage of phone numbers in the US.

Thats due to them all being 555-5555-xxxx according to hollywood.

Old Aug 18th 2005, 3:42 pm
ImHere

Number portability. You need to sign the release forms so your old telco will give up your number to them. Takes about 30 days. Pain in the ares yes. Worth it though not to feed the telcos with huge amounts of cash I beleive.

Old Aug 19th 2005, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

If your telco wont give up your number then what you could do is apply for Lingo to make all your calls. But reduce your landline to a line only to receive calls. Thats what I do, as I didnt want everyone having a new number and my landline is only $13.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

just got my lingo working and it's great......very good reception as good as verizon........will keep my landline for a couple months to see how it works but very impressed $20 per month unlimited calls to the UK
Old Aug 29th 2005, 12:59 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just got a new modem through comcat - connection issus seem to be fine!!!!!!

will give it a few weeks and if so..... Lingo here I come!!!!
Old Aug 29th 2005, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just got a new modem through comcat - connection issus seem to be fine!!!!!!

will give it a few weeks and if so..... Lingo here I come!!!!

got a new modem today myself and it works much better than the old sharks fin........used the lingo to call the UK today and the reception was clear as a bell........it will probably save me over $1000 a year
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:11 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Still think running that cable to my neighbours outside junction box is the cheapest method ..
Old Aug 30th 2005, 10:30 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Still think running that cable to my neighbours outside junction box is the cheapest method ..
Works a treat, but you have to remember to bury the wires.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

question........can you use lingo from a DSL connection?........a friend of mine got verizon dsl and quit comcast
Old Aug 30th 2005, 12:04 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

question........can you use lingo from a DSL connection?........a friend of mine got verizon dsl and quit comcast

yup
Old Aug 30th 2005, 12:04 pm
Mr. Grumpy

got a new modem today myself and it works much better than the old sharks fin........used the lingo to call the UK today and the reception was clear as a bell........it will probably save me over $1000 a year
did you have a terayon modem?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
did you have a terayon modem?

no got a motorola surf board
Old Aug 30th 2005, 1:04 pm
Perfumdiva1

I have just (within the last 30 mins) cancelled my Lingo account, and my friend is about to do the same

To start with the reception was great, but as time wore on, calls would just cut out, and the reception to local calls, were just awful, and no dial tone at all sometimes.

Anyway, called Lingo about a month ago to cancel, but they went through a very long process of pressing computer keys, with my husband, and said that the bad reception would no longer exist. But alas, I finally had enough, and called to have it cancelled and Time Warner are now taking over the line.

My phone bills used to be $300 approx per month, so Lingo was the thing for me, but the reception was diabolical, so everyone used to call me on my cell phone, so:

Phone bill = hardly anything
Cell bill= frikkin huge

Time Warner had better be great, or it is "Hello AT&T" again, and huge phone bills

PD1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.