Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Calls to UK - unlimited plan - $40

Wikiposts

Calls to UK - unlimited plan - $40

Old Aug 17th 2005, 11:49 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold
Default Calls to UK - unlimited plan - $40

I just found out, although it maybe old news, that for $40 a month, bellsouth are offering unlimited calls to the UK.

Now that's a lot of calls as I only pay 5c to MCI and spend about $25 a month but if you are more than that or do a lot of business, I thought it was pretty cool.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Calls to UK - unlimited plan - $40

Does that include calls to mobiles?
Old Aug 18th 2005, 1:24 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britchicknyc
Does that include calls to mobiles?

no

this is additional

i have this plan and it does work very well
Old Aug 18th 2005, 2:58 am
ImHere

Lingo VoIP.. free calls to all of North America, Canada land lines and mobiles and Western Europe landlines. $20 per month. Ive had it for 6 months and no real problems. Quality is undistinguishable from normal landline 99% of the time.

Old Aug 18th 2005, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Agree wouldnt be without my Lingo service, whenever someone calls me now I immediately call them back.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 3:32 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

I have the same plan with Verizon for $35, it's going up to $40 next month. I've been calling everyday, sometimes twice since I've had it.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

Is there a website for this Lingo people - where I can find out more?

Thanks
Old Aug 18th 2005, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a website for this Lingo people - where I can find out more?

Thanks
www.lingo.com if you mention you were recomended by a Lingo user you and the other person gets a free month. Have pm'd you.

Last edited by ladylisa; Aug 18th 2005 at 4:36 am.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 6:16 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

'nother Lingo user here.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ladylisa
www.lingo.com if you mention you were recomended by a Lingo user you and the other person gets a free month. Have pm'd you.
Great! Let me have a look!
Old Aug 18th 2005, 6:54 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Great! Let me have a look!

This plan probably makes the most sense to your average Brit expat stranded in the Land o' the Free.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fatbrit
This plan probably makes the most sense to your average Brit expat stranded in the Land o' the Free.
This does look good.

I currently have optimum voice which is also VoIP for $30 per month, unlimited US and Canada. I then pay for US calls on top.

Perhaps I should switch in Sept/Oct when the 1 yr contract is up. I wish I could find a plan that inc. British mobiles.

How much do they charge for UK mobiles?
Old Aug 18th 2005, 7:08 am
Septicity

This does look good.

I currently have optimum voice which is also VoIP for $30 per month, unlimited US and Canada. I then pay for US calls on top.

Perhaps I should switch in Sept/Oct when the 1 yr contract is up. I wish I could find a plan that inc. British mobiles.

How much do they charge for UK mobiles?

They're actually expensive on UK mobiles @ 0.28/min. Go here to find other rates (N.B. you don't pay for the free ones on your plan). But you can always use a calling card type plan through Lingo if you need to call UK mobiles often.

I actually mainly use Lingo for their v. cheap rates to Central and Eastern Europe. There, they are cheap.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 7:17 am
Brit'n'TX

Originally Posted by ImHere
Lingo VoIP.. free calls to all of North America, Canada land lines and mobiles and Western Europe landlines. $20 per month. Ive had it for 6 months and no real problems. Quality is undistinguishable from normal landline 99% of the time.
do you need a special VoIP phone or does their adaptor convert your current phone?

Old Aug 18th 2005, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

they mail you a router and then you use your normal phone. Very easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.