Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Calling all boxing fans

Wikiposts

Calling all boxing fans

Old Dec 23rd 2006, 11:03 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling all boxing fans

Originally Posted by lionheart
I hope you told them next to Jim Lampley and Larry Merchant
Nice one lads - hope you enjoy it
Old Dec 24th 2006, 11:44 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I hope you told them next to Jim Lampley and Larry Merchant

I'm actually passing the swit bucket....

$100 tickets I had to think of the other 8 people going, I'd have gone ring side. You staying at the paris?
Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:01 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evoal2003
I'm actually passing the swit bucket....

$100 tickets I had to think of the other 8 people going, I'd have gone ring side. You staying at the paris?
Staying with a buddy. I got the cheap tickets too
Old Apr 7th 2007, 9:19 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Amir Khan and Joe Calzaghe on HBO right now live from the Millennium Stadium, Wales. I just watched Khan for the first time on HBO HD. Calzaghe fight coming right up.
To be repeated later in the evening on HBO if you want to watch the whole thing;

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/?ntrack_para1=feat_sec2_image

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; Apr 7th 2007 at 9:21 am.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 9:41 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Amir Khan and Joe Calzaghe on HBO right now live from the Millennium Stadium, Wales. I just watched Khan for the first time on HBO HD. Calzaghe fight coming right up.
To be repeated later in the evening on HBO if you want to watch the whole thing;

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/?ntrack_para1=feat_sec2_image
cheers for the heads up, completely missed it, but then I'm whipped and don't have remote control access...

speaking of Khan, don't know if you saw his last fight against the frog, the one punch knock out, that was pretty tasty...probably still on uknova? and the audley fight was pretty funny too.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob
cheers for the heads up, completely missed it, but then I'm whipped and don't have remote control access...

speaking of Khan, don't know if you saw his last fight against the frog, the one punch knock out, that was pretty tasty...probably still on uknova? and the audley fight was pretty funny too.

First time I've seen Khan today. Also Diego Corrales V Clottey tonight on Showtime.

http://www.sho.com/site/boxing/event.do?event=454242
Old Apr 7th 2007, 12:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

First time I've seen Khan today. Also Diego Corrales V Clottey tonight on Showtime.

http://www.sho.com/site/boxing/event.do?event=454242
gonna have to catch the repeat of the welsh dude because by the time I switched the tele on, it was over...don't think they are repeating the khan fight, and don't think it'll be on nova, but it might well be...is it worth downloading if it makes an appearance?
Old Apr 7th 2007, 3:46 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Joe Calzaghe slapped the kid to death ....the difference in class was abundently clear after the first round. You could see from the Yanks face at the end of the second round that he knew he was in for a beating....the end was premature for sure but 92 punches to 3 in the 1 min 30 seconds that round 3 lasted tell there own story ...

He really has to fight Kessler next .... Manfredo will nodoubt fight Tony Danza on America's Next top model
Old Apr 8th 2007, 5:08 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power

He really has to fight Kessler next .... Manfredo will nodoubt fight Tony Danza on America's Next top model
yup, funny how they kept going on that the fight was stopped to early and he wasn't in danger, but the fact that he just wasn't punching or hitting targets tells its own tale.

Kessler would be good, but he doesn't want to fight out of Denmark and Joe doesn't want to fight him on his own territory, don't blame him...so should be interesting....
Old Apr 8th 2007, 7:25 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
Joe Calzaghe slapped the kid to death ....the difference in class was abundently clear after the first round. You could see from the Yanks face at the end of the second round that he knew he was in for a beating....the end was premature for sure but 92 punches to 3 in the 1 min 30 seconds that round 3 lasted tell there own story ...

Originally Posted by Bob
yup, funny how they kept going on that the fight was stopped to early and he wasn't in danger, but the fact that he just wasn't punching or hitting targets tells its own tale.

Kessler would be good, but he doesn't want to fight out of Denmark and Joe doesn't want to fight him on his own territory, don't blame him...so should be interesting....
The Corrales V Clottey fight was a good one. I can see pugilist's dementia in Corrales' future if he keeps taking beatings like that in his fights.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 5:43 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

The Corrales V Clottey fight was a good one. I can see pugilist's dementia in Corrales' future if he keeps taking beatings like that in his fights.
He is not big enough for 147, clottey boxed well probably the best fight of the night.

Just got me June 23rd tickets section 112 row A, $400 but they look like really good seats.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by evoal2003

Just got me June 23rd tickets section 112 row A, $400 but they look like really good seats.
Going to watch that one on TV, the good tickets are $2500. Just noticed this starts tonight on ESPN;

http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnShow?showID=EOCX

The contender challenge UK V USA, might be interesting?!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 11:21 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Going to watch that one on TV, the good tickets are $2500. Just noticed this starts tonight on ESPN;

Heard about that - didn't realise it was on tonight though - cheers
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:19 pm
Thinking about it

Looks like its just a series of fights.
Tonight's bout fairly ordinary until the last round which was most entertaining.

Looks like robbie reid is up in the last show - he must be about 37 now.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 5:20 am
Payed up premium member

Still alot of good tickets around stubhub.com has some not too expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.