Caio Bombay

Old Oct 25th 2001, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point

Update on my fiances adventure with Bombay...
He is busy now washing the tar and feathers off so he can catch his plane home next week!!! Got his visa today!!!

We started our petition in April (TSC), at his October 4th interview he was presented a 221g "denial". After seven trips to the Consulate on his part, letters from my Congressional liason (who has been with our case from the onset), letters from the State Department, letters from me,letters faxes letters faxes. (for those going thru Bombay you can search this site for full story, seach under my moniker "tara" under the thread "to Alpona")

Who knows why they capitulated and issued visa. Nothing new was gleaned from them during these 7 trips. Maybe they found a easier target.

i remain of the belief that this Consulate knows how to rattle your chains and just how long they can get away with it. They are shrewd.
So excuse us awhile while we draw the curtains. Thanks for the support.

"Coming Haiku"
When the autumn wind
Scatters the peonies
A few
Petals fall in pairs
Old Oct 25th 2001, 3:35 pm
Andy Platt

Yeah!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 25th 2001, 5:22 pm
Ranjini

Congratulations Tara!! I have been following your posts and am much relieved that all
turned out well for you. Ranjini

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 26th 2001, 4:08 am
Just Joined

Mili is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CONGRATS TARA!!!

COngratulations Tara!!! I started crying when I read your post!!! I read a part of it on the K1 visa update page...and I was like, is this Tara????? so i came here to look you up... I'm so happy for you sweetie!!!!! You have been through hell and back with this visa...I'm sure you are ecstatic about seeing your sweetheart soon...I just got off the phone with mine...and I miss him so dearly...anyways...like I said before congratulations!!!!

Question...it has been 2 weeks since we turned in packet 3...we haven't heard anything yet from them about an interview...do you have any advice? My fiance has been calling the embassy daily..but everyday they say the same thing..nothing yet... I know you said you received an interview date within two weeks...

Again, I'm sooo very happy for you!!!!! Please mail me at [email protected] we must keep in touch...you've really been a great help to me through my own k1 process!
Old Oct 26th 2001, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

ralph is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations.

Who knows why they capitulated and issued visa. Nothing new was gleaned from them during these 7 trips. Maybe they found a easier target.

-- Nothing unusual about it. Standard procedure for "special applicants". They had to issue the visa sooner or later, unless the applicant withdraws or gives up the fight. The delay tactic illustrated here is to test the tenacity of a genuine applicant. Again, standard practice.

i remain of the belief that this Consulate knows how to rattle your chains and just how long they can get away with it. They are shrewd.

-- Suddenly, you must feel that Bombay consulate is not bad after all. - despite their random "acts of hostility".
-- An argument can be made that a particular Embassy or Consulate (Bombay in this case ) is typically biased against K-1 applicants. I'm not quite sure how an opinion can be unbiased, but using certain examples to posit bias or hostility serves only to create fear and confusion in the minds of future applicants.

-- This is why I felt compelled to post my previous comments, not some "innate" desire to defend any particular consulate.

Alls well that ends well.

cheers,

ralph