Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bush picks John Roberts for the Supreme Court

Wikiposts

Bush picks John Roberts for the Supreme Court

Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:06 am

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bush picks John Roberts for the Supreme Court

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

Plus Saddam would have offered full access to them.
ROTFLMAO!!! Now I know you're out of your stupid little mind!
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:07 am

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by pingu
Sounds like you are unhappy with your life in Texas, and seem to think that Bush's governorship had something to do with it. What's the problem? Did he not give you enough welfare, or something? Boo hoo, my heart bleeds for you
I like you!
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pigtails
ROTFLMAO!!! Now I know you're out of your stupid little mind!
I think you'll find it would have happened. But we'll never know now.

Ah well, we could attack the argument but that would be too difficult wouldn't it.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:11 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you are unhappy with your life in Texas, and seem to think that Bush's governorship had something to do with it. What's the problem? Did he not give you enough welfare, or something? Boo hoo, my heart bleeds for you
He's a world class asshole who makes the state look bad. Welfare? Texas has no welfare. Texas is a weak governor state -- the lieutenant governor runs things, so Bush had very little to do with most governmental affairs. However, he was in a position of prominence, including holding veto power and the power to appoint members to various state boards. His choices in these areas were awful.

Try to find a glowing review of Bush's time as governor of Texas that comes from any even slightly unbiased source.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:24 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

and the Democrats are now resorting to underhand tactics in the Senate
Underhand tactics are, I would presume, the traditional paths open to the minority parties in a democratic legislature.

Certainly gotta get rid of those ASAP!!!
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Underhand tactics are, I would presume, the traditional paths open to the minority parties in a democratic legislature.

Certainly gotta get rid of those ASAP!!!
Perhaps dissolving the minority party would be the best option! Lets just have one party rule, I mean what's so wrong with that?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:29 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting poll:

http://www.yougov.com/archives/pdf/MOS020101006.pdf

While the Daily Mail readers felt (in May of 2003) that the UK was justified in attacking Iraq, they *did not* believe any WMDs would be found. Hmmm.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:29 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps dissolving the minority party would be the best option! Lets just have one party rule, I mean what's so wrong with that?

Works a treat in many parts of the world, I believe. Of course, if the dictator gets out of hand, the US may invade you...
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:33 am
pingu

Originally Posted by snowbunny
He's a world class asshole who makes the state look bad. Welfare? Texas has no welfare. Texas is a weak governor state -- the lieutenant governor runs things, so Bush had very little to do with most governmental affairs. However, he was in a position of prominence, including holding veto power and the power to appoint members to various state boards. His choices in these areas were awful.

Try to find a glowing review of Bush's time as governor of Texas that comes from any even slightly unbiased source.
The 3.8 million Texans that voted for him in the 2000 election may disagree with you.

Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:36 am
Franklin

Just an observation: the last "close" election left the Democratic Party the minority party in both the Senate and the House of Representatives, and a Republican President in the White House. That was a hell of a close (not) election.

The Democratic Party is not doing a lot, imho, to win back the Senate, HoR or the Presidency. The Democratic Party needs to lead based on policy and not on negative commentary. Kennedy is misleading the party; while I like the current head of the DNC, putting him into that position was a major strategic error. The Democratic Party has to win votes in the middle states to win back power in the Congress and White House. Propagating the notion that those that voted for the Republican Party are racist idiots is a major vote loser in the middle states. Swing voters who voted Republican last election cycle sure (not) want to hear that message. Sadly, the Democratic Party are into name calling, negative diatribes that simply don't impress swing voters in the middle states.

I suspect a Clinton will be running as the Democratic nominee for President come next election cycle. If that happens, the Democrats will once again fail to win back the White House and will have to remain content with name calling and outpouring negative diatribes that once again will not win critical votes or minds in the middle states.

Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:58 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Franklin
and outpouring negative diatribes that once again will not win critical votes or minds in the middle states.
Shome mistake here, surely?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Franklin
Sadly, the Democratic Party are into name calling, negative diatribes that simply don't impress swing voters in the middle states.
Yeah, and the Republicans are taking the moral high ground? Don't make me laugh.

They are both as bad as each other in that department.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:05 am
pingu

Yeah, and the Republicans are taking the moral high ground? Don't make me laugh.

They are both as bad as each other in that department.
I think the point that Franklin is trying to make is that the Republicans are the ones that are in power, and if the Democrats want to win in 2008 they will have to come up with something a little more constructive than calling everybody racist that doesn't agree with them

Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:08 am

I think the point that Franklin is trying to make is that the Republicans are the ones that are in power, and if the Democrats want to win in 2008 they will have to come up with something a little more constructive than calling everybody racist that doesn't agree with them
Well, they'd be smart enough to do that if they hadn't lowered the standards in our public schools so that more kids pass in order to increase their delicate self esteem.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Similar situation to when the Conservatives imploded, all the Democrats have to do is to look electable, Bush is their best friend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.