Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Buffalo Chicken - Simple Question

Buffalo Chicken - Simple Question

Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:15 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buffalo Chicken - Simple Question

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Dont tell me...England is a shit hole thats gone to the dogs. Am I right?
'course you are right..and you forgot crap weather and crappier food

actually though I do like the stuff Jamie Oliver makes...wish he was my husband
Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:16 pm
Banned

MondoFarm is an unknown quantity at this point

... and, of course, y'all are coming back real soon, right?
Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:17 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Its full of english - apart from that its alright
Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MondoFarm
I think you will find a few that are coming back, me for one next Spring
Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by britvic
I think you will find a few that are coming back, me for one next Spring

perhaps you have been away so long you have forgotten what it was like?
Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:21 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Not right now, but thats not because I think England is a shit hole...far from it.

We dont all emigrate just because we want the sun and Disney.

However, back OT: You think food loaded with hormones, articifical colours and flavours, massively high in saturated fats and produced in the most foul conditions are better then?
Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps you have been away so long you have forgotten what it was like?
No I have not, 3 years aint s**t, and been home in between that.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:32 pm
Banned

Not right now, but thats not because I think England is a shit hole...far from it.

We dont all emigrate just because we want the sun and Disney.

However, back OT: You think food loaded with hormones, articifical colours and flavours, massively high in saturated fats and produced in the most foul conditions are better then?

No, actually, I am not so keen on British food. All I can say is, having lived for 10 years in the USA and double that time in England, my preference is for the food that I consumed in the USA. I don't think British food and cooking, generally, comes anywhere close to that available, for example, in San Francisco, Boston or New York.

Regarding buffalo wings: there could be a market for blue cheese dressing in the UK.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:40 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

No, actually, I am not so keen on British food. All I can say is, having lived for 10 years in the USA and double that time in England, my preference is for the food that I consumed in the USA. I don't think British food and cooking, generally, comes anywhere close to that available, for example, in San Francisco, Boston or New York.

Regarding buffalo wings: there could be a market for blue cheese dressing in the UK.

Well San Fran, Boston and New York arent really American cooking per se...more Chinese, Asian, Italian etc that has been adapted.

If you go out of those major cities the culinary delights really do start to get less and less varied and appealing.

And I do think you need to really look at what is available in the UK.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:46 pm
Banned

Well San Fran, Boston and New York arent really American cooking per se...more Chinese, Asian, Italian etc that has been adapted.

If you go out of those major cities the culinary delights really do start to get less and less varied and appealing.

And I do think you need to really look at what is available in the UK.

OK, I'll have a look
Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:54 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Where do Buffalos wash their Chickens?
Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:58 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Where do Buffalos wash their Chickens?
In the Wash Bison..........boom boom, I thank you.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:59 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

oh you'll go to any length to try and prove your point....wasn't curry the most fav dish in England?? Very British

I'm with Mondofarm, I prefer the food here and the variety... i think the drab weather has made U.k food what is it..it's nice to have the oven on all day and have a heavy pudding for afterwards...here your lifestyle ..therefore diet is different...we barbecue lots...something we never did in the u.k...in Louisianna i got to taste gumbo, fried turkey, crawfish..the list goes on and it was all new..here it's chilli and tex mex....when in Rome
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
.when in Rome
Ride a Vespa....Chiao
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
oh you'll go to any length to try and prove your point....wasn't curry the most fav dish in England?? Very British

I'm with Mondofarm, I prefer the food here and the variety... i think the drab weather has made U.k food what is it..it's nice to have the oven on all day and have a heavy pudding for afterwards...here your lifestyle ..therefore diet is different...we barbecue lots...something we never did in the u.k...in Louisianna i got to taste gumbo, fried turkey, crawfish..the list goes on and it was all new..here it's chilli and tex mex....when in Rome
So what you are saying is you prefer Mexican, French, Caribbean, Italian, Spanish and Asian cuisine?

Curry is actually the national dish of England.

My points are that

A) There's no such thing as American cuisine - unless you count Burgers and Fries and Ice Cream. Its all imported and adapted.

B) English cuisine has come on in leaps and bounds over the years...again due to importing and adapting cuisine from other countries, and to say that you cant get decent food in the UK these days is absolute rubbish.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.