Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brits in Midcoast Maine

Brits in Midcoast Maine

Old Sep 10th 2010, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

natrat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brits in Midcoast Maine

Previously I tried to find out if there was any Brits in Maine. Now I am trying to find out if there is any in the Midcoast region. I started a Facebook page called Brits in Midcoast Maine. I am not holding out much hope that there is many of us up here in the sticks but it's worth a try.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 1:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brits in Midcoast Maine

There's a few...
Old Sep 10th 2010, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
There's a few...
Yeah, I know there is a lot down in Portland and a few in Lewiston. I am up in Camden, wondering if there are any up this way. I know of two so far, they seem to be few and far between.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 8:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by natrat
Yeah, I know there is a lot down in Portland and a few in Lewiston. I am up in Camden, wondering if there are any up this way. I know of two so far, they seem to be few and far between.
I used to live in Belfast, you couldn't spit for hitting a Brit out that way...seriously, they're everywhere.

I think there's a few on BE in that area too and I used to work with a Brit living in Searsport. Would see a lot in 3 Tides in Belfast as well.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
I used to live in Belfast, you couldn't spit for hitting a Brit out that way...seriously, they're everywhere.

I think there's a few on BE in that area too and I used to work with a Brit living in Searsport. Would see a lot in 3 Tides in Belfast as well.

Thanks for the tip, I will need to check out 3 Tides. It has mixed reviews online but should be good for a few beers.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 11:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by natrat
Thanks for the tip, I will need to check out 3 Tides. It has mixed reviews online but should be good for a few beers.
They usually have great beers but really known for margaritas, pricey but the size of 2 or 3 usual ones...food is great, but simple, especially the fish, all local stuff and they do boiled eggs as the bar snack instead of peanuts.

The guys aunt owns the antique shop just up the street and the other one owns the wool/fleece store towards Searsport.