Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brits are horrible tourists--European Hotels

Wikiposts

Brits are horrible tourists--European Hotels

Old May 26th 2007, 4:02 pm
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brits are horrible tourists--European Hotels

Originally Posted by southern comfort
http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbc...24/1004/NEWS01 the rest of your asinine comments are relegated to the trash can where they belong .Big bucks working in the loan dept of a bank huh lmfao no wonder your so sour
So the comments will still be in close proxomity to you then.
Also I don't have sour grapes about living in the USA. I could take the US or leave it. I have a more comfortable life here in Fl than most of my friends at home now but there is more to life than material things. I think you are the one with issues as it seems that you're hell bent on finding a place in a backward society over here that you're desperate to convince yourself is better than the UK. Obviously you must have been some kind of an outcast back home and it is easy to see how once you look at you interactions with people on this site.
Old May 26th 2007, 4:05 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haggerwood
Also I don't have sour grapes about living in the USA. I could take the US or leave it. I have a more comfortable life here in Fl than most of my friends at home now but there is more to life than material things. I think you are the one with issues as it seems that you're hell bent on finding a place in a backward society over here that you're desperate to convince yourself is better than the UK. Obviously you must have been some kind of an outcast back home and it is easy to see how once you look at you interactions with people on this site.
And you've no idea why people want to hit you?
Old May 26th 2007, 4:09 pm
Banned

leonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond repute

please, could you 2 stop arguing. if you wanna fight come down to my gym and i'll give you a pair of gloves each and after we can go for beer!
Old May 26th 2007, 4:09 pm
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
And you've no idea why people want to hit you?
For once I represent the views of the majority pal.
Old May 26th 2007, 4:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by leonatlanta
please, could you 2 stop arguing. if you wanna fight come down to my gym and i'll give you a pair of gloves each and after we can go for beer!
which 2 ? I have a lot going on today with so many NW people around.
Old May 26th 2007, 4:19 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Someone pass me the popcorn.
Old May 26th 2007, 8:03 pm
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

Yup there is a grand and very long (historically speaking) tradition of drinking in the UK. Maybe it's worse now than before but I seriously doubt it.

HOWEVER...I have seen (and picked up the remains of) plenty of pissed and drunken Yanks so far smashed that they dont know their arse from their elbow. So many domestic crimes are caused by drunken rednecks where we used to live it's unreal.

Also the proportion of DRINK DRIVERS in the US is waaaay higher than the UK I can assure you.

It's a fact that alcohol causes violence and crime all over the world.
Old May 27th 2007, 12:29 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southern comfort
and you met every college kid ?
and your unable to read that she said MOST, not ALL? And lets face it, schools are are rated on their partying, why else should a degree take four years, that's a drinking degree in any other country
Old May 27th 2007, 1:38 am
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by haggerwood
Old May 27th 2007, 2:24 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
and your unable to read that she said MOST, not ALL? And lets face it, schools are are rated on their partying, why else should a degree take four years, that's a drinking degree in any other country
Now be fair, Bob. The Norwegians prefer a six-year degree.
Old May 27th 2007, 4:06 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Nope, I'm quoting from all the Brits here that love to tell us all about their drunken nights ;-)

Spring break is a once a year affair, it would appear from many Brits own mouths that their love affair with alcohol and getting pissed is a weekly if not nightly thing.
Whats wrong with hourly

Most of the Americans whom I have met and have ventured to Europe are usually appalled at the alcoholic consumption of the Brits and the Irish ....but its more about the culture than the consumption.....Americans seem to prefer to drink at home rather than at the local bar ...Brits go to the pub for just about every occasion ...I know I do ...

As to the main subject ....would the survey have been different if the most popular destinations for the UK's own white trash had been ommited from the survey....is the tourist who goes to Benidorm the same as the one who goes to Tuscany ....I'd like to wager there are a few less tattoo's on the latter ..
Old May 27th 2007, 11:43 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Now be fair, Bob. The Norwegians prefer a six-year degree.
well there ain't much else to do up there than drink and ski, so don't blame them
Old May 27th 2007, 12:39 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leonatlanta
go to costa rica you will meet some great brits, into conservation, adventurous types. but sadly costa rica attracts the white trash of america.
The clients I have booked to Costa Rica hardly classify as white trash Americans. To begin with an American has to have a passport to go there, and that is not something the average "white trash" has had. I grants you this is prior to the new rules that took effect in January this year regarding USCs and passports.
Old May 27th 2007, 2:29 pm
Banned

leonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
The clients I have booked to Costa Rica hardly classify as white trash Americans. To begin with an American has to have a passport to go there, and that is not something the average "white trash" has had. I grants you this is prior to the new rules that took effect in January this year regarding USCs and passports.
you own a travel agents? thats pretty cool. i recently shot a travel video down in costa rica. there are some nice american expats down there. but unfortunately, cheap drugs, legal prostitution and the cheap exchange rates do attract a rather unsavoury crowd. many americans do go to costa rica to escape their previous lives in america. this is a fact. met many hotel owners, countless expats that would vouch for this. the americans you meet are very nice but once they hit costa rica, then look out!
Old May 27th 2007, 2:32 pm
Banned

On Dateline they said Costa Rica is a hot spot for American paedophiles these days as well since it is easier to get to than Thailand and Cambodia which is where those sick mfers used to look for children to molest with Arthur c Clarke and Gary Glitter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.