Brits in Georgia

Brits in Georgia

Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Supergirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brits in Georgia

Hi Guys

I'm Supergirl, new to this forum.
Just wondering if there are any Brits here that live in Georgia, U.S.A?
I'm very interested to find out.

Last edited by Supergirl; Feb 9th 2004 at 2:42 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:17 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Supergirl.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm just south of the border in Florida. I think I've seen others here who are in Georgia. Stick around, join in and have fun!!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

I think I will.
By the way, that's a really nice Avatar you've got there. In which bit of the profile do you put your avatar?
Old Feb 9th 2004, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Cool.....I've got one.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:35 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Supergirl
I think I will.
By the way, that's a really nice Avatar you've got there. In which bit of the profile do you put your avatar?
Thanx!! First time I've had a compliment like that!
You should definitely stick around!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

You're very welcome.

I don't think I've been on a forum with so many members logged on at once. I have a little forum of my own and I can never get people to stay on. I wonder what the British Expat secret is?
Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Just thought I'd tell everyone a little about myself.

My real name is Helen, I'm married to Alex and we are both from Staffordshire.
We've been living in Georgia since Sept 2002 and are still getting used to some things here.
We've been married for six years, no kiddies yet but we do have two guinea pigs that came with us from the UK.
Alex works for Siemens and he's the reason we are here.
I'm not allowed to work here yet so I just spend my time pottering about on the net.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:42 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I live in Statesboro in Georgia which is 3 miles south from Atlanta.

My wife and I have to move to Texas in August though.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

We live about 10 minutes drive north of Atlanta in North Fulton.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:59 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Atlanta last month doing my finger printing for change of status and EAD.

I've been to Atlanta so many times for flights and stuff so I'm well used to interstate driving now.

My mother and my 9 year daughter are flying in today although they have a connecting flight to Savannah (just under an hour away). I can't wait, I haven't seen my daughter since last April. I just hope immigration at Atlanta doesn't give them too much trouble.

Old Feb 9th 2004, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

We came through after Christmas and it wasn' too bad.

WOW, you're not seen your daughter since last April. That's a long time.
How long is your daughter staying for?
Old Feb 9th 2004, 3:33 pm
You Are All Diseased

She's staying for two weeks. She was supposed to have come for Xmas but it fell through.

I can't wait. I'm sitting here staring at the clock. She lands at 18:30 in Savannah.

This picture of my daughter and I was before I left the UK.

April is a long time and it's been hard. It was a tough choice to make.
Attached Thumbnails Brits in Georgia-290602_007.jpg  
Old Feb 9th 2004, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr she's cute.
Have you got loads of things planned for when she arrives?
Old Feb 9th 2004, 3:43 pm
You Are All Diseased

Plenty, but I don't want to wear her out

We have ideas for things we can do but it will be left up to her if she wants to do them. She's like her dad, likes to read a good book and relax

I think the main thing is snuggling up on the couch and she's already asked if we can play some of the old games we used to play together.

My wife has two children from a previous marriage and they can't wait to see her too.

We may go to Savannah and do the malls and if we get a good day for weather, we may get to go to Tybee Island in Savannah. We'll see. Us Brits can handle the cold weather though
Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:01 pm
Sleep? What's that?

bubbadog has a spectacular aura aboutbubbadog has a spectacular aura aboutbubbadog has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by rincewind
Hi,

I live in Statesboro in Georgia which is 3 miles south from Atlanta.

My wife and I have to move to Texas in August though.
Where in Texas? I am in San Antonio, so I am being nosy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.