Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

BritishBacon.com users...

BritishBacon.com users...

Old Sep 21st 2006, 1:31 am
Owdhamer

Default BritishBacon.com users...

Spotted this place last night on another thread (was rather inebriated (sp.) at the time, so can't remember who suggested it, but thanks!).

Anyway, the wife just went on there to treat me to some back bacon & sausgae rolls (yum) at around $9 each. But when she got to the checkout, it said "Minimum order: $85!!!

Is that normal, or is there some mistake here? I miss my British-style bacon & sausage rolls, but not that much!

Any info from britishbacon.com users would be appreciated.

Old Sep 21st 2006, 1:39 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BritishBacon.com users...

Originally Posted by Owdhamer
Spotted this place last night on another thread (was rather inebriated (sp.) at the time, so can't remember who suggested it, but thanks!).

Anyway, the wife just went on there to treat me to some back bacon & sausgae rolls (yum) at around $9 each. But when she got to the checkout, it said "Minimum order: $85!!!

Is that normal, or is there some mistake here? I miss my British-style bacon & sausage rolls, but not that much!

I've used them the minimum order thing is normal. The bacon is usually pretty good but I order a lot and he sometimes takes the piss by charging top dollar for scraps.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 1:52 am
Owdhamer

Originally Posted by Thydney
I've used them the minimum order thing is normal. The bacon is usually pretty good but I order a lot and he sometimes takes the piss by charging top dollar for scraps.

Thanks for the info Thydney.

They must lose a lot of potential customers with their prohibitive minimum order price. Most new customers would probably just want to sample a couple of things the first time they order anything from there, before making a larger order next time if they liked it.

The clearly have the business brains of a toadstool.

Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:00 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info Thydney.

They must lose a lot of potential customers with their prohibitive minimum order price. Most new customers would probably just want to sample a couple of things the first time they order anything from there, before making a larger order next time if they liked it.

The clearly have the business brains of a toadstool.
I think he makes to order. Wait till you see the postage I'm raising two pigs to cure (Ham 'ead and Mo'ham'ead) it's been costing a fortune for my bacon lol
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

I have the luxury of living in driving distance 1 & 1/2 hours away
But if I didn't go there to get my pork products I would probably not be willing to buy $85 worth
Old Sep 21st 2006, 5:22 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
I think he makes to order. Wait till you see the postage I'm raising two pigs to cure (Ham 'ead and Mo'ham'ead) it's been costing a fortune for my bacon lol
Put me down for some back bacon.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 11:50 am
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

It all freezes well and keeps for some time. Think about how much you'd spend over 6 months at Tesco's on sausauges and bacon. Sure it's expensive but it ain't out the ball park.

The other thing to do, is split the order with your local Brit friends. That works our much better.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute

I just bought $100 worth which is the maximum for the smallest postage. I asked around work who would want to sample some. I soon had lots of orders rolling in!
Delviery was swift and efficient. The bacon was great, though I would have rather something smokier. The packs were a little random, some had generous thick slices others had rather scrappy ones.
If I order again I would do the same thing and round up a bunch of people to share in the bacon deliciousness.

Originally Posted by Tbag
I have the luxury of living in driving distance 1 & 1/2 hours away
But if I didn't go there to get my pork products I would probably not be willing to buy $85 worth