Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Understatement Discovered In Local American

British Understatement Discovered In Local American

Old Jun 3rd 2011, 3:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Understatement Discovered In Local American

Originally Posted by helwardman
No
no as well
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 3:10 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah... don't run barefoot in Phoenix in the summer!

(not for the squeamish - the soles of his feet are literally hanging off after running 200 yards)
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LE6d1JAlB_E

Yeah... don't run barefoot in Phoenix in the summer!

(not for the squeamish - the soles of his feet are literally hanging off after running 200 yards)
"Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the noon day sun..." goes the old song...

... perhaps this kid was looking to add another verse?
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

When he started running towards the car I thought (hoped) there was a bucket of cold water waiting for him there. I suppose that wouldn't have saved him either anyway.
So he'll be limping in pain for a few days. How can people can be so dumb....
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Lola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really nice

Originally Posted by steve100100
We get "cold fronts" pass through in the summer. It means the temp goes down from 105 to 98.

My parents get a kick out of that.
Will you all bloody well shut up about the heat you are getting. Want cooler? Try the state of Washington. 10 degrees below normal all year and "normal" is pretty cool to start with! I hope you all burn, fry, frazzle, sizzle, sweat...only joshing
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 6:19 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve100100
We get "cold fronts" pass through in the summer. It means the temp goes down from 105 to 98.

My parents get a kick out of that.
Hey ... you must have the same weatherman we get .... 98f .. but a cold front coming through... tommorows high 96!!!!

My sister in law thinks he needs one of those white jackets with tie down sleeves!!
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 6:21 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lola-Monmouth
Will you all bloody well shut up about the heat you are getting. Want cooler? Try the state of Washington. 10 degrees below normal all year and "normal" is pretty cool to start with! I hope you all burn, fry, frazzle, sizzle, sweat...only joshing

I went to Washington once.... It was closed!!
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193
I went to Washington once.... It was closed!!
In May it was announced that there had been only 27 days without rain/snow since the beginning of the year. My lawn has drowned and half my plants have died or not grown from seed. Should be a nice weekend for a change!
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 6:59 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
In May it was announced that there had been only 27 days without rain/snow since the beginning of the year. My lawn has drowned and half my plants have died or not grown from seed. Should be a nice weekend for a change!
It's just been awful hasn't it? I hear you guys haven't even had a 70+ day yet?
We're forecast for 80 here this w/e but back to gloom after that.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Lola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really nice

Originally Posted by Anian
The term "nice" is relative I suppose but so long as it stops raining!! In a fit of unusual optimism 2 weeks ago I planted corn, squash and brocolli ( my exciting life just knows no bounds). A total waste of time and effort, but it was only spitting with rain then. I caught cold which now has an opportunistic bacterial infection attached to it. Myself I think it is mould or rust with a dash of moss. I just know I should have stayed in the kitchen with the cooking sherry...........
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 7:21 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

We had a week of gloriously sunny and warm temperatures in the 90s!

Then we had a tornado.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 7:54 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

Originally Posted by tonrob
We had a week of gloriously sunny and warm temperatures in the 90s!

Then we had a tornado.
Seriously .. sympathy with the Tornado.. we get them in the Memphis area and having had my car moved several yards with me in it ... even though the engine was off at the time .. tends to make you think. Kept stamping on the brake and could not figure out why I was still moving.