Reload this Page >

British TV set in the USA?

British TV set in the USA?

Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:04 am
Just Joined

USCBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Post British TV set in the USA?

hi guys
just wondering whether british TV sets are compatible in the USA? I have come over for uni at USC, but didn't want to bring my TV as didn't want to pay for extra baggage. now i don't really want to buy one that i will use for a max of 12 months. my parents can send it to me if it is compatible!
thanks
Todd
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British TV set in the USA?

No they are not compatible. And it would cost you more to get it sent than to buy one anyway - you can pick up a TV set for next to nothing here. Is this a wind up?!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:13 am
Just Joined

umm... no. should have said my dad owns a company selling sharp products so it would have been a free tv.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:13 am
Just Joined

thanks though! :P
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:14 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

get him to send you a multisystem one and it'll work...
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Still will probably cost more to send than to buy a walmart special
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:20 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
Still will probably cost more to send than to buy a walmart special
sounds like he was going to get a freebie from dad and stick him with the postage too ..... I'd forgotten what it was like to be a student
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

sounds like he was going to get a freebie from dad and stick him with the postage too ..... I'd forgotten what it was like to be a student
Haha tight b'stard! But I'd be inclined to save dad a few quid by flat out asking him for the $60 or so it'll take to get one (decent sized 27") off ebay
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:30 am

Or if he's handy with a screwdriver/sledgehammer he can come round here and take mine away - blew up the other night while the kids were watching TV....nothing dramatic, reckon its probably fixable, but its a 10 year old 21" CRT....why bother? Good excuse to upgrade....have tried freecycling it twice and no bu99er'll come to take it away!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:53 am
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light

Get a cheapo off craigslist unless you really want to stick your dad for the postage.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 1:59 am

Hold on...I must be getting old - you're a student at USC and you're only here for a year... WTF are you doing thinking about needing a TV.........there must be something (lots of things) more exciting to do over there than veg infront of the TV................when we were at Uni (when I were a lad...) I think the only time our TV went on was Thursday afternoons 4.00-4.20 for for Dangermouse.....
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:29 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Hold on...I must be getting old - you're a student at USC and you're only here for a year... WTF are you doing thinking about needing a TV.........there must be something (lots of things) more exciting to do over there than veg infront of the TV................when we were at Uni (when I were a lad...) I think the only time our TV went on was Thursday afternoons 4.00-4.20 for for Dangermouse.....
Yeah good point - no tv for us either!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:33 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

if he's an entrepreneur he'll flog it for some big $ and have money for TV *and beer.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:36 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

You're missing the obvious...He's a STUDENT!!!!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Rushman
You're missing the obvious...He's a STUDENT!!!!
You mean they dont have beer and totty in Socal....??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.