British TV

Old Feb 3rd 2011, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

usoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud of
Default British TV

Hi,

I am just in the middle of watching a 24 hour demo from UKTV2C. Does anybody have this. So far it looks fantastic. I am viewing the basic package on the computer. ( 14.99 pounds per month) It is just like watching TV in the UK with the same channel set up, remote control is on the screen. I am channel surfing my favourite British shows. Got the info from Smitten by Britain site. By the way I am in NJ, USA and the programming is very clear, just like TV.

thanks for your opinions.

Last edited by usoruk; Feb 3rd 2011 at 3:35 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 3:37 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British TV

I just use bbc iplayer, itv player and c4 on demand for 4 pounds/month with a vpn. Do you get anything additional to bbc, itv and c4?
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

usoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud of

yes, the 14.99 package offers over 200 channels. There are more expensive packages which offer alot more channels, but the basic is great for us and it also has tons of radio shows. If you get the basic package but want additional channels ie cbeebies, which is not under this pakage, it would be an extra, 1.50 pound per month. The amazing thing is it is just like English TV, as if I am sitting in front of a TV with the remote back home. The same menu comes up ie All channels, entertainment, home and leisure, documentary, news, kids, etc etc. I am watching Location, location, location.. at this time!! with the all brit commericials. I can see the same shows my family in the UK is watching at the same time.

Last edited by usoruk; Feb 3rd 2011 at 4:12 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:14 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

At only GB £149.00 (US $241.61) Setup/installation Fee

Plus 2 month Hosting in advance GB £29.99 (US $48.63)

Total GB £178.99 (US $290.24).

Followed by ONLY GB £14.99 (US $24.31) PER MONTH.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usoruk
Hi,

I am just in the middle of watching a 24 hour demo from UKTV2C. Does anybody have this. So far it looks fantastic. I am viewing the basic package on the computer. ( 14.99 pounds per month) It is just like watching TV in the UK with the same channel set up, remote control is on the screen. I am channel surfing my favourite British shows. Got the info from Smitten by Britain site. By the way I am in NJ, USA and the programming is very clear, just like TV.

thanks for your opinions.
Many watch UK TV programs for free. OK it may not be in real time...a few hours later. Lets face it...for most watching TV in the afternoon is a little inconvenient.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

How is it possible to watch uk programs for free? I go on the websites, for example, ch 4, and try to watch but am always blocked.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

How is it possible to watch uk programs for free? I go on the websites, for example, ch 4, and try to watch but am always blocked.
Take a read through this thread.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

it's great that there are different things out there to obtain Brit TV. But most seem pre-recorded and you have to be selective in what you can watch. The best thing about the UKTV2C seems to be that it is real time and the set up on screen looks exactly the same as in England and I can get it set up on the main house TV too. I would love to get rid of most of the US TV and get this instead. Otherwise it could get expensive paying for both US and UK TV. My hubby and kids won't allow it!!!
What is the vpn, 4 pounds a month system.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 5:35 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Jerseygirl's link takes you a a whole thread about vpns. Ours is VPNUk but there are loads of them around, even free ones.
You pay for a service that makes it look like you are in the UK so can watch bbc and the like.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 5:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

it's great that there are different things out there to obtain Brit TV. But most seem pre-recorded and you have to be selective in what you can watch. The best thing about the UKTV2C seems to be that it is real time and the set up on screen looks exactly the same as in England and I can get it set up on the main house TV too. I would love to get rid of most of the US TV and get this instead. Otherwise it could get expensive paying for both US and UK TV. My hubby and kids won't allow it!!!
What is the vpn, 4 pounds a month system.
usoruk...I tried to send you a Private Message but your PM function is turned off.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 11:08 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Some people slingbox, some pay for a VPN, some just get torrents and download.

All depends on the level of faff you fancy.

I can't be arsed watching live tele, it's generally poo because of the time difference, sporting stuff is about the only thing I bother with.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?ma...12&part=sports for the 6 Nations, if bbc aren't streaming it live.

I don't watch UK tele live enough to bother with a paying VPN, I use the TOR proxy method, it's not brilliant, but it's good enough to stream most things if you let it buffer for a minute, and it lets me log into Spotify to keep that going.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

Thanks to all, I will check out the alternatives. Only thing is I am not technical at all, so I don't understand the terminolgy, but will check it out. True about real time streaming problem when you live on the other side of the world. Although it is great that all the shows are exactly as they are in the UK, timewise, but right now the programmes will either resume tomorrow morning UK time or I do not have the time to make the most of the TV. So I will pay for a set up I cannot fully enjoy all the time. My favourite shows are Britishfood programs - what food goes in your Basket, Lakes on a Plate etc, shows for the kids- cbeebies/cbbc and British travel shows-alot of ch 4/BBC1/ITV stuff and BBC news. What would be the best, least expensive and straight forward set up that includes this.

Jersey girl-sorry, I'm not sure how to switch PM section on, but will look into this. Thanks
Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks to all, I will check out the alternatives. Only thing is I am not technical at all, so I don't understand the terminolgy, but will check it out. True about real time streaming problem when you live on the other side of the world. Although it is great that all the shows are exactly as they are in the UK, timewise, but right now the programmes will either resume tomorrow morning UK time or I do not have the time to make the most of the TV. So I will pay for a set up I cannot fully enjoy all the time. My favourite shows are Britishfood programs - what food goes in your Basket, Lakes on a Plate etc, shows for the kids- cbeebies/cbbc and British travel shows-alot of ch 4/BBC1/ITV stuff and BBC news. What would be the best, least expensive and straight forward set up that includes this.

Jersey girl-sorry, I'm not sure how to switch PM section on, but will look into this. Thanks
Click on the 'My Profile' tab....located in the pink bar at the top of the page. Look at the list on the left hand side...under the heading 'Settings & Options'...click on 'Edit Options'. Scroll down to 'Messaging and Notifications'...you will see a heading 'Private Messaging'....to receive Private Messages you need to tick the box at the side of 'Enable Private Messaging'.

Old Feb 4th 2011, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

nigelhorne is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: British TV

Sounds like a good idea, but at http://www.uktv2c.com/freeviewbasic.html when I click on "Click here for a demonstration" nothing happens.

So I clicked on the the word demonstration at the top and it wanted my email address - a funny thing to ask when demonstrating software. Against my instincts I entered my email address and then I received a link do "download software". This was starting to become irritating when all I wanted was a demonstration.

That took me to a page where I had to type my email address and name *again*.

Then the real killer - it's for Mac and Windows only. I could see no sign of a link for Linux users, so I guess that's me out.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

jersey girl-I think I sorted out the PM thing!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.