Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Radio Stations

British Radio Stations

Old Nov 26th 2003, 3:02 pm
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

kazzuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Radio Stations

If you miss British radio and music. Many of the stations are now available to listen to live on the internet. I like to listen to capital at www.capitalfm.co.uk and I can even get our old local station radio Hallam in Sheffield.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I sometimes listen to Virgin radio, but not often. And of course 5 live when a sporting event is on.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

swingin scot is on a distinguished road

There's nothing like Terry Wogan on weekday mornings. He's just great. It's the first thing I turn on in the morning when I get to work. Really gives me a taste of home. The music is ok, but he is just hilarious and always entertaining to listen to. A nice way to brighten up your day and make the morning fly by
Old Nov 26th 2003, 3:36 pm
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

kazzuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats the url for ole Terry?
Old Nov 26th 2003, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

swingin scot is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by kazzuk
Whats the url for ole Terry?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/wogan/

Enjoy
Old Nov 26th 2003, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

datcha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by swingin scot
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/wogan/

Enjoy
For those with a more current taste in choons, BBC Radio 1 is excellent! You can listen to any of the DJs/Shows from the last week on demand aswell as listening live (got Chris Moyles on at the moment).

So, if you want to hear Pete Tongs show from last Friday or The Blue Room from the wee hours or Saturday morning or even Sir John Peel.... you can!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio1.shtml

Cheers,
David.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 4:32 pm
Monkey

Trisha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default also

you can also listen to kissfm

http://www.kiss100.com/nav?page=kiss

and Xfm (for new music)

http://www.xfm.co.uk/

but i listen to radio 1.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 6:15 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future
Default Re: British Radio Stations

If you miss British radio and music. Many of the stations are now available to listen to live on the internet. I like to listen to capital at www.capitalfm.co.uk and I can even get our old local station radio Hallam in Sheffield.
Sat here listening to radio 4 PM show as i type.

Cant beat the dulcet tones of Eddie Marrs. The proper analysis of news is a pleasant change as well. Dont you just love a good cutting question to a public figure instead of the mostly fawning interviews people get over here.

regards,

Duncan
Old Nov 26th 2003, 6:16 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Cant beat the dulcet tones of Eddie Marrs. The proper analysis of news is a pleasant change as well. Dont you just love a good cutting question to a public figure instead of the mostly fawning interviews people get over here.

regards,

Duncan
Old Nov 26th 2003, 6:19 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

regards,

Duncan
Old Nov 26th 2003, 8:08 pm
Monkey

Default also

I just found this link which links to every radio station that broadcasts out of the UK online:

http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/
Old Nov 26th 2003, 8:09 pm
Monkey

Default also

I just found this link which links to every radio station that broadcasts out of the UK online:

Old Nov 26th 2003, 11:05 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: also

Originally posted by Trisha

Beat me to it

I have been using that link for about two years and It's the best one out there, if a UK station aint listed here then it isnt broadcasting online.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 11:10 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: also

Originally posted by Trisha

Beat me to it

I have been using that link for about two years and It's the best one out there, if a UK station aint listed here then it isnt broadcasting online.
Old Nov 27th 2003, 2:51 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

You know I have to say that although I really miss british TV I do not miss british radio at all! I much prefer here where you can listen to the style of music you prefer and it is not all personality based (or in the case of Chris Moyles - ego based).

Personal preference, nothing else - not a social commentary

Patrick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.