Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British passport photo size.

British passport photo size.

Old Feb 8th 2016, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

u2jrmw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British passport photo size.

Originally Posted by rbackhouse
I just did my kids passports and used Walgreens. They used their UK template but would not cut. I just sent them uncut (the actual dimensions were to the UK spec) and they were accepted fine.
Thanks for the response. How did you mail your documents? Some USPS registered option, or step up to a UPS/FedEx?
Old Feb 8th 2016, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

rbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
Thanks for the response. How did you mail your documents? Some USPS registered option, or step up to a UPS/FedEx?
I did USPS Priority Mail Express International. It provides some level of tracking however I was never actually notified when it arrived in Durham. I found that out by monitoring the Passport Application website instead

https://passportapplication.service.gov.uk/ips-olc/
Old Feb 9th 2016, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

leagravelion is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sharron_
Hi everyone,

So we haven't updated our british passports for some years, but now my sons is up for renewal. Last time we just sent in US sized photos and they were accepted. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

Thanks.

Sharron.
on your smartphone download an app for passport photos. Take pictures and email to self or staples. Go to Staples and for couple of dollars ask them to print on photo paper.
Than cut them to the size the British passport office will accept. good luck
Old Feb 15th 2016, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

u2jrmw is an unknown quantity at this point

They processed my passport, so either the Walgreens or the self-taken ones I threw in there worked.

I don't see any way to track the return shipment. I assume if they deliver when I am out of town I will be able to arrange a redelivery...
Old Feb 15th 2016, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

leagravelion is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe the passport fees charged include certified return mail like fedex.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
They processed my passport, so either the Walgreens or the self-taken ones I threw in there worked. I don't see any way to track the return shipment. I assume if they deliver when I am out of town I will be able to arrange a redelivery...
The courier company (I can't remember which one it is) calls you and gives you the tracking number.

Last edited by MidAtlantic; Feb 16th 2016 at 12:17 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

rbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
The courier compnay (I can't remember which one it is) calls you and gives you the tracking number.
It was DHL for mine a couple of weeks back.