Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Nursing Qualification

British Nursing Qualification

Old Jan 9th 2010, 4:46 am
member of little note

made of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Nursing Qualification

Sorry, but maybe we can't, I was on 8 week A/l in the UK, it will take me a year to build up a week here and as said by others, they then make you take that when they are not busy, you do not get to chose! I was as naive as you when I got here, I have come under my hubbies Visa, and got to talk to lots of nurses here, and they just resign when they need a holiday! continuity of care is out the window!
But Try All Nurses, I met a few interesting people in my area of work, and so if and when I do, the future is bright, as the biological/ terrorism/Major incident part of my old job is prized here, every cloud.. I was Occupational Health, we don't just do vaccinations :-) and the UK is well ahead on this.
I am also ICU qualified, but I really don't want to do the delegating, as a lot of US hospital do 2pts to 1 RN if not more and have HCA's types, I would have ulcers by the end of the first shift :-) I need one to one caring, I enjoyed that, and it's the only way to do it, when someone is critical, as the patients deserve that.
That said, the men didn't deserve my shaving them every day, I was crap! I could never get it! I tried up the way, down the way, but they would be a bunch of bleeding wounds on their face, by the end :-)