scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Nurse

Is he a Master Electrician?
Old Sep 28th 2010, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

flori73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
Why? What's the life threatening mad dash reason? Magically change and improve your life?

I can't bear this country any longer. The weather, the government, the schools, the people. We Brits are so uptight! I love America I know you have your problems too, but somewhere when it's sunny things don't seem just as bad and i love the lifestyle. I should never have left in the first place.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:05 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Move to South of France? Spain? Italy? Algiers? The former antipodean penal colonies?

So you left - in what capacity were you here?

You're probably going to get a lecture that the grass isn't greener by some folk on here, but if you're really a square peg in a round hole, and not just in a rut or funk, consider somewhere else first. The US is hard to get into. I got lucky. Most of the people here came with their spouses on work transfers or through marriage.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
Is he a Master Electrician?
yes
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Move to South of France? Spain? Italy? Algiers? The former antipodean penal colonies?

So you left - in what capacity were you here?

You're probably going to get a lecture that the grass isn't greener by some folk on here, but if you're really a square peg in a round hole, and not just in a rut or funk, consider somewhere else first. The US is hard to get into. I got lucky. Most of the people here came with their spouses on work transfers or through marriage.

I was a nanny many years ago. No it's the USA where i want to be. I realise it's hard but anything worth having needs work. I'll get there you can bet on that, it's just finding the right way in. No the grass isn't greener i realise that but i am an American girl trapped inside a british body and boy do i desperately need to get out. Very much a round peg in this ridiculous country i live in.
I love my job here, my family and my house so it's not horrendous here but it's just a means to an end.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:11 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

You hate the government?

But the long national nightmare of thirteen years of utter mismanagement, erosion of civil liberties is over.

If you think you'll be happy over here, it's going to be the same in November over here.

If a conservative government is not to your liking, best look elsewhere.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I should never have left in the first place

That begs a question.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flori73
I can't bear this country any longer. The weather, the government, the schools, the people. We Brits are so uptight! I love America I know you have your problems too, but somewhere when it's sunny things don't seem just as bad and i love the lifestyle. I should never have left in the first place.
How long ago did you leave and how long were you here?
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:21 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I was a nanny many years ago. No it's the USA where i want to be. I realise it's hard but anything worth having needs work. I'll get there you can bet on that, it's just finding the right way in. No the grass isn't greener i realise that but i am an American girl trapped inside a british body and boy do i desperately need to get out. Very much a round peg in this ridiculous country i live in.
I love my job here, my family and my house so it's not horrendous here but it's just a means to an end.
Well if you've read the wiki and can answer yes, you'll have a chance and if you can't, then it doesn't matter how much you want it, it's not going to happen. Just the way it is.

Good luck.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:46 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

i love the lifestyle.
Then you have no idea what America is like.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:48 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
You hate the government?

But the long national nightmare of thirteen years of utter mismanagement, erosion of civil liberties is over.

If you think you'll be happy over here, it's going to be the same in November over here.

If a conservative government is not to your liking, best look elsewhere.
understanding US politics 101.

The Republicans are a bit like the British tory party.

The Democrats are a bit like the British tory party.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Manc
I lived there, i understnad it perfectly thank you.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 11:09 am
Sib
Just Joined

Sib is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Manc
So say you! Just because your opinion of American lifestyle differs from the OP's, doesn't mean you're right!

Last edited by Sib; Sep 29th 2010 at 12:44 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 12:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I lived there, i understnad it perfectly thank you.
But when? I've noticed a big change in the last 6-12 months and in the 7 years I've lived here it's changed a huge amount. Even when I moved here 7 years ago it was very different to the time spent on a temp work visa living here 10 years ago and the times I'd visited between then and moving here. Very, very different. If you left in the last 6-12 months or so then you may be able to say that you understand perfectly, any longer and you will find things to be very different.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:58 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Sib
So say you! Just because your opinion of American lifestyle differs from the OP's, doesn't mean you're right!
I hear a lot about this so called lifestyle.

I would like to see evidence to the contrary before I concede I am not right.

disintergrating infrastructure
18% un and under employment
$7 minimum wage
9 days paid holidays on average
at will employment
rah rah patriotism when we as a nation can for the most part only afford to shop at Walmart.
no community
beggers on street corners now
inner cities becoming empty shells of their former selves
gazzilions in debt
sub prime disaster
no manufacturing
no public trasport
healthcare the nation cannot afford and 22nd in infant mortality

your turn.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.