Reload this Page >

British Newspapers

British Newspapers

Old Nov 21st 2003, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

debs36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Newspapers

Hello

I was wandering if anyone knows how to get hold of a British Newspaper in North Carolina.

I know they are avalible in Florida etc....Do they have any International Newsagents anywhere here or can you organise a copy to be sent out?

I know theres the internet - but its definately not the same thing!

Thanks in advance.

Debbie
Old Nov 21st 2003, 5:54 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Newspapers

Originally posted by debs36
Hello

I was wandering if anyone knows how to get hold of a British Newspaper in North Carolina.

I know they are avalible in Florida etc....Do they have any International Newsagents anywhere here or can you organise a copy to be sent out?

Thanks in advance.

Debbie
You can get them in that corner shop in NC
Old Nov 21st 2003, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Check your local grocery store. My local Frys often sells an American version of the Daily Mail. I personally never buy it, but was surprised to see it there on the shelf one day. You might have trouble buying an actual British newspaper, unless you live in a big city. I know there is an international news stand in San Francisco about 4 blocks from Union square, if anybody there is looking to pick one up.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 6:24 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Borders have the Sundays - Times, Telegraph, MoS, etc.
But they are over a week later.
No daily ones.

Never thought I would miss the tabloids....
Old Nov 21st 2003, 6:40 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

At least with the internet it is up to date. And you dont get ink all over you as well as not wasting paper.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 7:00 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Our local British shop has free newspapers. You just borrow them then bring them back. Then whenever anyone visits and brings papers you take them into him when you've finished with them.

Not quite as up to date as the BBC news website though!
Old Nov 21st 2003, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Jxab12 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can get some Brit papers same day, and all next day in NYC. Penn Station even has a WHSmith store! Limited to the Times, Sun and FT though.
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 4:04 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

I was wandering if anyone knows how to get hold of a British Newspaper in North Carolina. ....
The Daily telegraph offers a weekly paper (I presume a potted summary of the week's stories) for expats. Check this link: Weekly Telegraph.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 22nd 2003 at 4:06 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

debs36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Scotch, Hey i like to read a sunday rag with a cuppa, not scan the internet for hours and hours ! ............I like newspaper print, nothing like it when you scratch your nose and then go out with a dirty black mark on your face.........!

Thanks Pulaski - thats really helpful.

I have heard that you can get papers through a frieind of a friend - so when i find out more i will let everyone know......

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 7:15 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

As does the Guardian - better than the Torygraph.
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 3:20 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scotch03
As does the Guardian - better than the Torygraph.
That, of course, is a matter of opinion!
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 2:16 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pulaski
That, of course, is a matter of opinion!
I have never had an opionion, I really must get one some time.

Patrick
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 2:39 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jxab12
You can get some Brit papers same day, and all next day in NYC. Penn Station even has a WHSmith store! Limited to the Times, Sun and FT though.

Been to this WHSmith and I was very disappointed. Apart from the occasional newspaper, it is all American stuff. No British chocolate, no british magazines. It seems that they are just using the WHSmith name rather than the store being British.

By the way, where on LI are you?
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 6:32 pm
Up Yir Kilt

Yes Patrick!
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 7:37 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Thanks in advance.

Debbie

Whereabouts in NC are you?

I live in Durham and I know that a couple of Borders (Durham and Cary) stock British newspapers.

I think they have the Times, the Telegraph and maybe the Daily Mail. My spouse and I really would like the Observer but for now, my Mum mails it to me once a month.

A word of warning though. The weekend editions will only contain the main paper and not include the magazine and supplements.

If you know other Brits in your area who are interested in a particular newspaper that isn't stocked by your local Borders, you could club together to ask your local branch to stock it. It'll cost a pretty penny but if you really want your British papers, this is the only way really.

I haven't tried asking Barnes and Noble but this chain of bookstores might be obliging too.

NC Penguin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.