Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Goodies

British Goodies

Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:50 pm
Scottish forever

scotia123 will become famous soon enough
Default British Goodies

Anyone living in Chesapeake....do you know if there is a British Shop anywhere local. I know they tend to be expensive but sometimes the craving for a good British banger is just too much. Also can I get decent sliced bread anywhere, the stuff here is so sweet. I have bought french sticks etc and they are good but expensive.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Goodies

ahhhh...the sausage question I've been here for a number of years and have only just found where I can get a decent banger (they can be bought on line though). Good Luck with your quest!!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:07 pm
UK>Bay Area, CA>UK

Chrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scotia123
Anyone living in Chesapeake....do you know if there is a British Shop anywhere local. I know they tend to be expensive but sometimes the craving for a good British banger is just too much. Also can I get decent sliced bread anywhere, the stuff here is so sweet. I have bought french sticks etc and they are good but expensive.
I agree the bread is so sweet, it just doesnt work with cheese and (smuggled) Branston pickle... so I make 2 small loaves once a week, courtesy of Delia online!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Go to the LINKS above on the blue line and follow the path to British Foods sold online.

Go to a bakery for your fresh unsweetened bread.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:27 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Now that is the answer to a question that I hadn't got round to asking yet.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 9:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete

Or Trader Joes....Wholefoods too, tad pricey though.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 2:34 am
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chrissywissy100
I agree the bread is so sweet, it just doesnt work with cheese and (smuggled) Branston pickle... so I make 2 small loaves once a week, courtesy of Delia online!
I'm based in the midwest and the Meijer superstores stock Branston on their shelves.

no bangers though.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelmas
I'm based in the midwest and the Meijer superstores stock Branston on their shelves.

no bangers though.
There was one meijer by me that used to sell 'english bangers' they were not very good though. Fresh Market sell Irish sausage that was half way decent.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

DiamondLes is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have a Wegmans in your area
We have one in Timmonium
They do have a range of english goods
I recently got some branston pickle, heinz beans, Jaffa cakes, Robinsons barley water, Heinz sponge puddings
They do other goods as well
I did notice someone on here asking about suet
Wegmans sell it in the meat section and its fresh.
Im sure you can see online the ranges
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:40 pm
UK>Bay Area, CA>UK

Chrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DiamondLes
I recently got some branston pickle, heinz beans, Jaffa cakes, Robinsons barley water, Heinz sponge puddings
mmmmmmmm Jaffa Cakes!!!!!!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

Weis have started doing some british goods in our area so you could check them out as well.
ive still yet to find decent real tetly teabags
im down to 3 boxes and will need to get my brother to send me food parcels
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Weis have started doing some british goods in our area so you could check them out as well.
I think you can get PG tips on Amazon.com
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

Go back to Wegmans, they do PG tips.

You can also get Tetley 'British Blend' here. No idea how it tastes, mind....
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

pg tips ughhhhhh
and the 'tetly blend' isnt much better
even my american wife doesnt like it
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

pg tips ughhhhhh
and the 'tetly blend' isnt much better
even my american wife doesnt like it
hey....beggars can't be chosers!! I *love* PG tips !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.