Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old Oct 16th 2004, 3:15 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Football thread

Originally Posted by DaveC
The thing that would worry me most about this is that he's already expressed an interest in Dundee, Utd and Dunfermline and their boards rejected his overtures. He's promised Hearts fans an awful lot so lets see if he delivers.

D-Day for Berti on Monday.
Yeah. Could be a case of not properly investigating this guy because they are in a hurry to get Robinson out. I hope it's all above board. But I have to be dubious about someone offering "10 million to spend on players and a new stadium"
Old Oct 16th 2004, 3:37 am
"Ted You Big Bollocks"

justboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: British Football thread

Originally Posted by Webbie

Enough of the downer (and of the Python) - anybody want to pick 10 matches for future predictions or what ?

How about some all star action from the Cypriot 1st Division? The showcase of pure football genius!

http://soccer.kypros.org/english/2004-05/cyereslt.htm
Old Oct 16th 2004, 3:47 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish I was Matt. But not.
Things have got very difficult for us over here and all our money has gone.
Danielle (WebWife) has a job - but it is a menial low paying one.
I on the other hand can't even get a ******* interview.

The webbie design business is up and running and I've done one or two bits, but not enough to keep us going.

We are have been discussing whether it would be better for us to go back to Blighty and start all over again.
At least there I know I can find something decent where I don't need a doctorate just to answer a phone.

For some people it has worked. Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side, but for us it hasn't been.

I haven't given up yet. As we Brits know we never give up.
But eventually we will have to conceed if we don't get the rub of the green.

But lads ! Let's not be down hearted !
One total catastrophe is not going to stop us.

Enough of the downer (and of the Python) - anybody want to pick 10 matches for future predictions or what ?
I hope it all works out in the end for ya webbie, look at this way youve giving/given it a shot and you do have that option of going back to blighty.

Like the idea of finding some obscure league somewhere to take a look at.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 1:29 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

I wish I was Matt. But not.
Things have got very difficult for us over here and all our money has gone.
Danielle (WebWife) has a job - but it is a menial low paying one.
I on the other hand can't even get a ******* interview.

The webbie design business is up and running and I've done one or two bits, but not enough to keep us going.

We are have been discussing whether it would be better for us to go back to Blighty and start all over again.
At least there I know I can find something decent where I don't need a doctorate just to answer a phone.

For some people it has worked. Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side, but for us it hasn't been.

I haven't given up yet. As we Brits know we never give up.
But eventually we will have to conceed if we don't get the rub of the green.

But lads ! Let's not be down hearted !
One total catastrophe is not going to stop us.

Good luck with this Webbie. I was applying for jobs back home before I managed to find the one we're moving up to Boston for. Another big move but hopefully it will make living over here more worthwhile, financially at least.

Don't know how long you've been over here but it's taken me over a year of applications to find anything decent and I'm another one without a degree.....
Old Oct 16th 2004, 4:13 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony_2003
I know the feeling about the degree thing. In Edinburgh I was lucky enough to work for a small computer store and they couldnt care less about degrees. They trained me in everything merely because I showed a great intrest in computers. I was setting up networks, building pc's, everything, the proverbial shitload of experience... 6 years to be exact. Hell I was even underneath old victorian buildings installing cat5 cables for new office networks. Over in the U.S. No one was intrested, I couldnt even get a job at gateway without a degree. I am hoping to get the batchelors of science degree, but it's financially crippling us. My other thought is changing trades and trying something else...but at 32 who the **** wants that?
If I were to get laid off from my insurance Gig, I'm gonna go take my CDL and drive trucks.

The wife would be devastated, as I'd be gone for days at end. But I mean, it has to be better than the house getting repossessed.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 4:15 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

Good luck Webbie.

Back to the footie...

Fulham 2 - 4 Liverpool (after being 2-0 down at HT!)
Old Oct 16th 2004, 4:17 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone seen the film
"24 Hour Party People" with Steve Coogan as Tony Wilson?
watched it last night, It was like watching Wish you were here. Every 5 mins I was like

'been there'
'that's in Salford that is.'

I tried to describe to the wife about Bez and his role in the Happy Mondays, but I don't think she got it.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Manc

I tried to describe to the wife about Bez and his role in the Happy Mondays, but I don't think she got it.
I love it on the back of happy monday albums.
Shaun Ryder - Vocals
Bez - Vibes

3 -1 to the arse. Nice and chelsea are down 1 - 0 to city. though i dont think it will stay that way (free on FSW)
Old Oct 16th 2004, 4:59 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Anyone seen the film
"24 Hour Party People" with Steve Coogan as Tony Wilson?
watched it last night, It was like watching Wish you were here. Every 5 mins I was like

'been there'
'that's in Salford that is.'

Yeah, saw it the other night, top film. I like the bit where Coogan addresses the camera and points out all the cameo appearances.

In fact, I have just been entertaining the 10 month old daughter with some Bez style dancing along to Step On - maracas and everything.

*realises that any shred of credibility has been erased by that admission*

What the hell, I'm in a good mood. It's not every day that I'm happy with a 3-1 victory for the away team at Pittodrie.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 5:08 pm
@matthewb76

Stockport won today an'all.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 5:47 pm
Scouse Git

torpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by James Box
Fulham 2 - 4 Liverpool (after being 2-0 down at HT!)
4 goals in 2nd half and down to 10 men. bout damn time Liverpool got a win away from home
Old Oct 16th 2004, 6:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by torpkevuk
4 goals in 2nd half and down to 10 men. bout damn time Liverpool got a win away from home
City win 1 - 0, looked surprisingly decent, wright phillips looking good, they even gave fowler a run out.

That puts the arse 5 points clear and going for a half century against the scum next weekend.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 7:29 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

another fine loss for Oxord Utd, 1-0 which sucks, sees' us drop even further.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 7:42 pm
Account Closed

Just seen the funniest clip on TV. On 'The worlds wildest Police Videos' a cat that had had a little to much cat nip had gone nuts, the Cat Police or what ever the equiviant RSPCA are called here went to get it, they got it on a leash and it went straight for the guys groin and dug its claws in.

They also showed some riots in Brussels (heyden stadium?) in the late 70's early 80' between some brit fans, short shorts so it must have been around then and juventus, makes you proud to be english that!

Think im too young to remeber all that footy violence, looks like it was no surprise we got kicked out of europe for so long.

Bob, have you been to the new kassam stadium? Im moving back to oxford, so will probably go and check out some ox matches.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 9:42 pm
Scouse Git

torpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mattbutt
City win 1 - 0, looked surprisingly decent, wright phillips looking good, they even gave fowler a run out.

That puts the arse 5 points clear and going for a half century against the scum next weekend.
the scouser in me screams and cheers for arsenal to stuff as many records as poss cause it means the manc's aint doin it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.