Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old Oct 11th 2003, 9:39 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
I had a quick peek and noticed the word Portsmouth, yes!

Only thing I'd do at a football game would be paint me boobs in the teams colours or something. The actual game would bore me to death!
This would be a great time to say that there a enough tits in blue on the pitch at fratton park without you introducing two more, but I won't!

Patrick
Old Oct 11th 2003, 9:50 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Teams that have qualified for the Play-Offs as group runners-up:

Slovenia
Norway
Holland
Latvia
Scotland
Spain
Turkey
Croatia
Wales
Russia

Not certain how they will do the draw, probably pull the names out of a hat.
The drawing I think is Monday.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 2:02 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Uh-Oh...

Scotch, your team's in a bit of soapy bubble.

http://www.scotlandonsunday.com/sport.cfm?id=1129122003
Old Oct 12th 2003, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Patrick
This would be a great time to say that there a enough tits in blue on the pitch at fratton park without you introducing two more, but I won't!

Patrick
Blackpool 0 Pompey 4 the last time they met in the league cup ( 92 ish ?) Patrick. Since then of course Pool have dwelt in the lower reaches of the league.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 5:07 am
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

That sucks.

I will be collecting donations from you in the very near future.

Save Dundee.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 2:30 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Blackpool 0 Pompey 4 the last time they met in the league cup ( 92 ish ?) Patrick. Since then of course Pool have dwelt in the lower reaches of the league.
You really must get a hobby, I can't beleive you searched for the last time blackpool played Pompy just to tell me they are better. I know they are a better team!

When Bridgie said she would go to Fratton Park with painted breasts it just seemed like too good an opportunity to make a joke, hell I would of made the same joke about Real Madrid and they are by far the best team in the world right now.

Don't take things so seriously

Patrick
Old Oct 12th 2003, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Research ? I was there, lived in Blackpool then. Nah I don't follow Pompey's results anymore...much much happier watching Havant & Waterlooville in the Doc Martens League.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 5:00 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie
Teams that have qualified for the Play-Offs as group runners-up:

Slovenia
Norway
Holland
Latvia
Scotland
Spain
Turkey
Croatia
Wales
Russia

Not certain how they will do the draw, probably pull the names out of a hat.
The drawing I think is Monday.
Our only real chance outa that lot would be Wales or Latvia but I guarentee we will draw the Spaniards
Old Oct 12th 2003, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by tony_2003
Our only real chance outa that lot would be Wales or Latvia but I guarentee we will draw the Spaniards

Maybe not Spain, but a certainty you will not get The Latvians or the Welsh.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 9:08 pm

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tony_2003
British duo face play-off draw
Scotland and Wales and eight other countries will go into the pot on Monday for the Euro 2004 play-off draw.
The British duo along with Slovenia, Norway, Latvia, Netherlands, Spain, Turkey, Croatia, and Russia will find out who they will face in the non-seeded draw in the German city of Frankfurt at 1115 BST.

The ties are to be played on November 15-16 and 18-19 to decide who will join hosts Portugal, champions France, Sweden, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, England, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark and Greece next summer in the finals.

The fact that the draw is non-seeded means Scotland or Wales could end up facing Latvia or the more difficult prospect of getting the better of Spain over two legs.

Scotland manager Berti Vogts said: "We need a good draw and we especially want the first match away and then anything can happen at Hampden Park," he said.

Croatia coach Otto Baric admitted the one team he wanted to avoid was Spain.

"I think we now have good chances against any team in the playoffs, but the only one I would like to avoid is Spain."
Nobody wants to play Spain.

You'll be playing Spain.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 11:31 am
Skyscrapered

Haggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura about

We got Holland - 1st game to be played at Hampden.

Not being cynical or anything, but this non-seeded draw looks awfully seeded....
Old Oct 13th 2003, 1:06 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesnt look good at all. Still got a slim chance though.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 1:39 pm

PLAY-OFFS

Latvia v Turkey
Scotland v Holland
Croatia v Slovenia
Russia v Wales
Spain v Norway
To be played 15/16 & 18/19 Nov

Holland coach, former Rangers manager Dick Advocaat, had already stoked the fires for a potential meeting with Scotland by declaring he wanted to meet them in the play-offs for "personal reasons."
Wales boss Mark Hughes was slightly happier with the outcome, although he acknowledged the Russians will present a serious threat.

He said: "It is a tough draw, but we knew whoever we were selected with would be difficult.

"I have to say we have avoided some of the more potent footballing nations, so we are reasonably happy."
--------------
There is alot of dissent in the Holland camp.
They didn't qualify for the 2002 World Cup and there is pressure on to qualify for these championships.
No reason why Scotland can't do it.

To use an oldie but goldie:
"It's a funny ol' game"
Old Oct 13th 2003, 1:47 pm
Get em out by Friday

Cue Ian Saint John - "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH James, that's a good one HAHAHAHA"
Old Oct 13th 2003, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Webbie
PLAY-OFFS

Latvia v Turkey
Scotland v Holland
Croatia v Slovenia
Russia v Wales
Spain v Norway
To be played 15/16 & 18/19 Nov

Echoing the sentiments of others. Wales & Scotland got shafted.

Did anyone hear that Wayne Rooney punched Alpay in the tunnel at half time Saturday ? Seems upto 50 people were involved in the fracas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.