Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Companies in California

British Companies in California

Old Dec 28th 2018, 3:06 am
Just Joined

GermanShepLuv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Companies in California

I live in The Bay Area in California. But I’m interested in working at a place so I can work in the UK and in the US. What kind of companies or places would you recommend? I have a house in the US and I really want to work in the UK too.
Old Dec 28th 2018, 3:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Companies in California

Can't you just research which companies have offices in the UK? They don't have to be British companies - just companies that have British operations. Are you in sales, engineering, finance ... that would seem to matter also. If you are in sales, any company that has a presence in UK will do it. If you are in Engineering, you'll need to look harder for which companies have a stronger presence in the UK.
Old Dec 28th 2018, 3:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Can't you just research which companies have offices in the UK? They don't have to be British companies - just companies that have British operations. Are you in sales, engineering, finance ... that would seem to matter also. If you are in sales, any company that has a presence in UK will do it. If you are in Engineering, you'll need to look harder for which companies have a stronger presence in the UK.
I’m interested in Sales. I’m having difficulty finding them.
Old Dec 28th 2018, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

What nationality are you? If not European/British you'll need a visa to work in the UK - and unless you have some unique sales/management experience, an ordinary sales job will not qualify for a visa.
Old Dec 28th 2018, 5:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
What nationality are you? If not European/British you'll need a visa to work in the UK - and unless you have some unique sales/management experience, an ordinary sales job will not qualify for a visa.
I’m not British/European. Are there any kind of work at all that I could possibly be hired if I go to school? What are your guys recommendations if I want to also work in UK?
Old Dec 28th 2018, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond reputeCook_County has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GermanShepLuv

I’m not British/European. Are there any kind of work at all that I could possibly be hired if I go to school? What are your guys recommendations if I want to also work in UK?
Marry someone British.
Old Dec 28th 2018, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lots of US companies have operations in the UK, many of them will also have operations in CA.
Old Dec 28th 2018, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

I live in The Bay Area in California. But I’m interested in working at a place so I can work in the UK and in the US. What kind of companies or places would you recommend? I have a house in the US and I really want to work in the UK too.
To be brutally honest, if you are the kind of person who has the knowledge and skills necessary to get a job with an international company that would allow you to work in both the US and UK I would expect you to have done a lot more initial research on issues like visas and asked a much more specific question that included at least *some* relevant background information about your skills, qualifications, type of job that you are looking for etc ...
Old Dec 28th 2018, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Going to 'school' won't help you. To obtain a Tier 2 visa you need to have experience and skills for the UK company to sponsor you for a visa.
Old Dec 28th 2018, 6:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I’m interested in Sales. I’m having difficulty finding them.
What kind of sales? Selling what?
What do you currently do?
What's your level of education?
Why specifically the UK?

Rene