Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Cadbury's Chocolate in the US

British Cadbury's Chocolate in the US

Old Sep 7th 2012, 11:17 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Cadbury's Chocolate in the US

Wegmans, they had boat loads of the stuff still on the shelf yesterday and the chap in the store said they haven't had any problems with getting UK Cadbury's products yet.

Though the warning sticker on the shelf that tells customers to be aware that the UK does the date in a different format is quite amusing
Old Sep 19th 2012, 1:05 pm
Mions' a point.

MostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a Cadbury Screme Egg yesterday - it is indeed made in Canada.

Pete
Old Sep 20th 2012, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

MattySD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MostlyYank
I bought a Cadbury Screme Egg yesterday - it is indeed made in Canada.

Pete
I'm not sure if Hershey have ever made Creme Eggs for Cadbury, certainly ever since I've been in the US they appear to have been manufactured in their Hamilton, ON facility, although it's difficult to read the scrunched up foil wrapper.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

This blog post from Canada suggests that Hershey does manufacture Creme Eggs and wraps them in different coloured foil to the Canadian variety:

http://dmcme.blogspot.ca/2010/04/cadbury-secret.html

I don't believe it myself, I think it's just the foil that's different, signifying they are to be distributed in the USA and having Hershey name-checked on the wrapper which is obviously not necessary in Canada.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

HighCountry will become famous soon enoughHighCountry will become famous soon enough

I'm pretty sure that Amazon still has Cadbury's stuff. World Market prices got a little steep towards the end.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

go to www.britishfood.com all the cadburys you could ever wish for

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old Sep 25th 2012, 3:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redarmy990
go to www.britishfood.com all the cadburys you could ever wish for

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Not quite...they don't sell the Cadbury's Coconut and Cashew bars of choc that I can buy in Canada. Whether they're made in Canada or the UK...they are delish.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 3:31 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Not quite...they don't sell the Cadbury's Coconut and Cashew bars of choc that I can buy in Canada. Whether they're made in Canada or the UK...they are delish.
They don't sell what?!
I thought I was all up on the world of Cadbury's. Apparently not.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, there's lots of wonderful Cadbury stuff in Canada that's not available in the UK, so those bars won't be on the britfoods site.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
buy a cadburys whole nut bar and a bounty bar

then eat em both together sorted
Old Sep 25th 2012, 5:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MattySD
Yes, there's lots of wonderful Cadbury stuff in Canada that's not available in the UK, so those bars won't be on the britfoods site.
Correct and I love coconut. The only other place I have found Cadbury's bars with coconut is New Zealand.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

I posted my moan about Cadbury Dairy Milk vanishing from World Market on my FB profile and (half) jokingly asked friends/family in UK to send me some in the mail.
2 weeks later this is what I have....
Attached Thumbnails British Cadbury's Chocolate in the US-chocolate.jpg  
Old Sep 25th 2012, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Wow Sarah, you lucky blighter!
Old Sep 25th 2012, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahG
I posted my moan about Cadbury Dairy Milk vanishing from World Market on my FB profile and (half) jokingly asked friends/family in UK to send me some in the mail.
2 weeks later this is what I have....
I need some new friends - can I have yours?? Yum!
Old Sep 25th 2012, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MattySD
Wow Sarah, you lucky blighter!
Turns out I do still have some decent friends left in the UK! Now if they'd only send me some Battenburg cake too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.