Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Bangers in DFW

British Bangers in DFW

Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:27 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default British Bangers in DFW

My great thanks to Snorkmaiden for first telling me about this (I think)...

...Central Market in Plano has British Bangers back in stock at the moment, and they're bloody lovely! Not sure how long they'll have them, nor whether the other HEB Grocery Stores in Texas have them, but if you're in the DFW area and yearn for a good banger (nudge-nudge, wink-wink) Central Market's well worth checking out.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Bangers in DFW

Originally Posted by dbj1000

...Central Market in Plano has British Bangers back in stock at the moment, and they're bloody lovely! Not sure how long they'll have them, nor whether the other HEB Grocery Stores in Texas have them, but if you're in the DFW area and yearn for a good banger (nudge-nudge, wink-wink) Central Market's well worth checking out.
OOh, I could have just fancied the full English breakfast this morning, ho hum, had to make do with the steak on the bbq this evening instead

Did they have the Shannon Irish Bacon in?
Old Aug 29th 2005, 1:56 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Would you people take this somewhere else, if I figure the price of gas, they would be expensive bangers, not to mention the Texans might think me a liberal and string me up.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
Would you people take this somewhere else, if I figure the price of gas, they would be expensive bangers, not to mention the Texans might think me a liberal and string me up.
Stay at home and order some in instead

British Bangers
Old Aug 29th 2005, 2:47 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
Stay at home and order some in instead

British Bangers
Thanks.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 4:24 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

OOh, I could have just fancied the full English breakfast this morning, ho hum, had to make do with the steak on the bbq this evening instead

Did they have the Shannon Irish Bacon in?
Ah, you see we've never looked for Irish bacon either... so thanks for that heads-up too!
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:58 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Yup we have them here in Central Market though I haven't seen them in regular HEBs. Though I did post in The Docile Trollop that *Randall's* now has a British aisle (oooh that is a pun) and I started grabbing things without even thinking. The Jaffa Cakes are long history.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ah, you see we've never looked for Irish bacon either... so thanks for that heads-up too!
Aha, well as you walk through the meat section you have the fresh meat counter on your left hand side, that sometimes has their version of British Sausages in it. A little further up on the right though(just before the counter with the tamales etc) there is a freezer that has bacon in it, and sometimes if you are lucky they will have Shannon Irish Bacon in there along with Irish Sausages.

They don't get the bacon in all the time, but when they do it is lovely
Old Aug 29th 2005, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Will head out there ASAP!!! Tried to give you karma but i need to be more generous with others first!! Cheers
Old Aug 29th 2005, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Big D
Will head out there ASAP!!! Tried to give you karma but i need to be more generous with others first!! Cheers
Don't forget that for all your non-meat British goodies Kroger Signature stores are often easier to get to than Central Market and the World Service UK Store.

They have a British section in the Kroger Signature store and you can get Heinz beans, spaghetti, tomato soup, lentil soup. Bisto gravy granules both beef and turkey. Robinsons cordials, usually the orange or lemon barley water and sometimes the apple and blackcurrant. Chocolate, lot's of different chocolate. Hob nobs, digestives, mini battenburgs, ginger nuts and other bickies and cakes. Tea, horlicks, irn bru and lilt in cans. Ready brek, weetabix, farleys rusks to name but a few of the things they stock.

Central Market does have the meat(but not all of the time, I have been there sometimes and come away without the bacon and sausages...sob..) and it also has beans but the beans are more expensive than Kroger. The World Service has pies, yummy pies and lots of British gift type stuff.

Happy shopping

Last edited by snorkmaiden; Aug 29th 2005 at 3:50 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 4:08 pm
Arrogant ****

Don't forget that for all your non-meat British goodies Kroger Signature stores are often easier to get to than Central Market and the World Service UK Store.

They have a British section in the Kroger Signature store and you can get Heinz beans, spaghetti, tomato soup, lentil soup. Bisto gravy granules both beef and turkey. Robinsons cordials, usually the orange or lemon barley water and sometimes the apple and blackcurrant. Chocolate, lot's of different chocolate. Hob nobs, digestives, mini battenburgs, ginger nuts and other bickies and cakes. Tea, horlicks, irn bru and lilt in cans. Ready brek, weetabix, farleys rusks to name but a few of the things they stock.

Central Market does have the meat(but not all of the time, I have been there sometimes and come away without the bacon and sausages...sob..) and it also has beans but the beans are more expensive than Kroger. The World Service has pies, yummy pies and lots of British gift type stuff.

Happy shopping
Our local Kroger Signature store is getting better by the day for UK foods. They've even reduced the price of real British Heinz Baked Beans to $1.09, which can't be bad!

Oh, and they do family-sized boxes of Maltesers which last one person about 10 minutes in this household!!!
Old Aug 29th 2005, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Our local Kroger Signature store is getting better by the day for UK foods. They've even reduced the price of real British Heinz Baked Beans to $1.09, which can't be bad!

Oh, and they do family-sized boxes of Maltesers which last one person about 10 minutes in this household!!!
Yes the maltesers don't last long here either. We have to stop talking about it now, I have two Krogers within a ten minute drive here and the chocolate is calling to me
Old Aug 29th 2005, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Happy shopping
Only been to world service once, we live nearer the British Emporium in Grapevine - bit pricy and feels wrong when your hob nobs have 69p on them and you pay 4 bux!! Kroger is getting better near us too for some home comforts now and again - Robinsons juice is the main one for us! The meat is the winner though - I just hope they have some left!!

Thanks for the info!
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:49 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
Only been to world service once, we live nearer the British Emporium in Grapevine - bit pricy and feels wrong when your hob nobs have 69p on them and you pay 4 bux!!
heheh..... I had a package of Penguins that were marked in big type "99p" and the clerk was going to charge me 99 cents! I stopped her because I am just too damn honest.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, we love smallteasers (as we call them) in our household too. Can't have them too often. Anyone tried the white chocolate variety? That was a new one on me.

By the way snorkmaiden - my baby bites fish. Just thought you'd like to know.

Yes the maltesers don't last long here either. We have to stop talking about it now, I have two Krogers within a ten minute drive here and the chocolate is calling to me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.