Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brit Seeking Accountant In The US

Brit Seeking Accountant In The US

Old Jul 27th 2021, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Geobots is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brit Seeking Accountant In The US

Does anyone have a recommendation for an accountant in the US who can help with taxes when it comes to filing? I recently moved to Wisconsin and I have rental income from the UK so I want to make sure I meet all my tax obligations. I've spoke to a few local accountants around Milwaukee who haven't been able to help or even recommend anyone.

Thanks.
Old Jul 27th 2021, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

chesterton_fan has a reputation beyond reputechesterton_fan has a reputation beyond reputechesterton_fan has a reputation beyond reputechesterton_fan has a reputation beyond reputechesterton_fan has a reputation beyond reputechesterton_fan has a reputation beyond reputechesterton_fan has a reputation beyond reputechesterton_fan has a reputation beyond reputechesterton_fan has a reputation beyond reputechesterton_fan has a reputation beyond reputechesterton_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brit Seeking Accountant In The US

I've just sent you a PM with a recommendation.

As I mentioned, be sure you look at the requirements for FBARs, for 8938s, and also be aware of any trusts that you have outside the US, which require a 3520 and 3520-A. The guy I recommended should know all this, but it's extremely useful to have some idea yourself of what you need to do.

If you arrived here during 2021, you've got plenty of time to deal with it all.
Old Jul 29th 2021, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

NikiJP is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. Could you possibly PM me the recommendation too if that's ok. We are about to relocate to Austin from the UK, renting out our property in the UK. I guess we also need to find an accountant in the UK incase anyone has a recommendation for that too. Many thanks
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 8:08 am
Just Joined

Marblesthecat is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Geobots;13033999]Does anyone have a recommendation for an accountant in the US who can help with taxes when it comes to filing? I recently moved to Wisconsin and I have rental income from the UK so I want to make sure I meet all my tax obligations. I've spoke to a few local accountants around Milwaukee who haven't been able to help or even recommend anyone.

Thanks.[/QUOTE
i highly recommend Ian Faber
https://www.fabertax.com/

Old Aug 2nd 2021, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

ukpeter is an unknown quantity at this point

Heed the advice from chesterton_fan. And, don't forget signatory authorities on foreign accounts. I would consider getting rid of PFICs and trusts wherever possible as the fees for tax preparation and information reporting by tax professionals could be extremely high.