Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brit National ID cards

Brit National ID cards

Old Dec 16th 2005, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Brit National ID cards

I don't think I've seen anyone commenting on it yet.

What say you expats? For? Against?

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regio...01/304509.html
Old Dec 16th 2005, 11:15 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brit National ID cards

Originally Posted by izibear

If your not doing anything wrong, what's the problem with it? It would be interesting to see what kind of information they want to hold on it though.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 12:40 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I have an ID card, It's from Liverpool, it has 32 pages and is valid for 10 years.

bollocks to them.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 1:25 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Manc
I have an ID card, It's from Liverpool, it has 32 pages and is valid for 10 years.

bollocks to them.

And another one from Swansea about the size of a credit card. Should be good until your 70th birthday unless you are naughty.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 1:44 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
And another one from Swansea about the size of a credit card. Should be good until your 70th birthday unless you are naughty.
the card is only good for 10 years, the bit of paper last for ages mind you.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 2:17 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

the card is only good for 10 years, the bit of paper last for ages mind you.
Thats true. Something to do with getting older and more wrinklier and needing a new photo every 10 years. Funny that my American one is only good for seven years though. Maybe I'll age quicker here?
Old Dec 17th 2005, 2:35 am
@matthewb76

Thats true. Something to do with getting older and more wrinklier and needing a new photo every 10 years. Funny that my American one is only good for seven years though. Maybe I'll age quicker here?
I've heard the sun turns skin to leather........

Michigan drivers license last forever *LOL*
Old Dec 17th 2005, 2:36 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's just one more nail in the coffin of democracy, they (politicians of all major parties) are trying to push this through on the media hype that is "terrorism" when all they are really trying to do is control the population - covert surveillance, chips in cars that show where you are and what speed you do, CCTV everywhere. It's totally wrong and George Orwell must be smiling in his grave!

Why should some nameless civil servant (servant to who precisely) be able to know what I, and innocent and law abiding citizen am doing 24/7.

GCHQ already listen to EVERY mobile phone call and read every text message. They know where all the mobiles are at any given time - I helped design the Cisco network for this project a few years ago so I know that this is true - What more can be done by them to prevent our civil liberties?

I'm sure there'll be more, and bet your bottom dollar (or pound) it'll go worldwide and probably administered by the US Government. That way there can be total and complete control, until the public has enough and creates WW3 - against the governments of the day.

Will Anarchy prevail?

Originally Posted by izibear

Old Dec 17th 2005, 2:45 am
Account Closed

I've heard the sun turns skin to leather........

Michigan drivers license last forever *LOL*

Baboom. Alright its a fair cop I cant deny it. I mean just take a look at Ray, he's only 31 really. And its true Michiganers are preserved well in all that ice.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 2:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MJC
I think it's just one more nail in the coffin of democracy, they (politicians of all major parties) are trying to push this through on the media hype that is "terrorism" when all they are really trying to do is control the population - covert surveillance, chips in cars that show where you are and what speed you do, CCTV everywhere. It's totally wrong and George Orwell must be smiling in his grave!

Why should some nameless civil servant (servant to who precisely) be able to know what I, and innocent and law abiding citizen am doing 24/7.

GCHQ already listen to EVERY mobile phone call and read every text message. They know where all the mobiles are at any given time - I helped design the Cisco network for this project a few years ago so I know that this is true - What more can be done by them to prevent our civil liberties?

I'm sure there'll be more, and bet your bottom dollar (or pound) it'll go worldwide and probably administered by the US Government. That way there can be total and complete control, until the public has enough and creates WW3 - against the governments of the day.

Will Anarchy prevail?
If only you really knew....
Old Dec 17th 2005, 2:48 am
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by MJC
They tried to bring in ID Cards after the end of WW2.......

I mean if the blitz, bombings and D-Day doesn't call for ID cards, I doubt a few nutters blowing the odd train up is.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 2:52 am
Account Closed

They tried to bring in ID Cards after the end of WW2.......

I mean if the blitz, bombings and D-Day doesn't call for ID cards, I doubt a few nutters blowing the odd train up is.
Yeah but in those days the baddies all Shpoke Like Zis unt vore Knee length Bootz vis der Schvastikas on zem.. You just knew old Charlie from No5 with the flat cap and pidgeon loft wasnt "one of them". Now, well, its all so difficult with them looking like us and all. Innit.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 2:57 am
@matthewb76

Yeah but in those days the baddies all Shpoke Like Zis unt vore Knee length Bootz vis der Schvastikas on zem.. You just knew old Charlie from No5 with the flat cap and pidgeon loft wasnt "one of them". Now, well, its all so difficult with them looking like us and all. Innit.
well won't they apply for ID cards too then? or is that where Blunkett loses his logic?
Old Dec 17th 2005, 2:57 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

(Happy 2000th post btw) But do the baddies now talk wioth a slightly thicker accent - broad black country comes to mind (remember Tipton)....

* I'll get me coat!!
Old Dec 17th 2005, 2:58 am
Account Closed

well won't they apply for ID cards too then? or is that where Blunkett loses his logic?
What good is an ID card to Blunkett anyway? I mean he cant say "Oh yeah that looked like the buggar...swarthy and tall he was...saw him with my own two eyes guvnor".

Politician? Logic? No matter how I try they dont just quite stay together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.