Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bringing my dog to the usa

Bringing my dog to the usa

Old Aug 5th 2005, 4:20 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bringing my dog to the usa

Originally Posted by ladylisa
Do you find yourself making those noises he does too!!
LOL!! Er...yeah me too
It's definitely nicer going for a walk when the dog walks alongside you on a loose lead isn't it? I've ditched the flexi lead in the bin.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

warkitty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
You're kidding, right? We flew our dog on BA from Gatwick to Seattle and it cost 500 pounds and I thought that was bad, actually I know that was bad, but we wanted her on a direct flight and we also boarded her through a kennel and they took her to the airport, etc and it still didn't come up to the amount you posted. The kennel we used was Lady Haye. They were really good. But, in all honesty you can set it up through whatever airline you are going to use and as long as you have the appropriate paperwork (really simple) you're fine and it should be fairly cheap as well.
It was no joke, I thought it would be maybe a couple of grand at the most my jaw hit the floor when i read the quote!

I'm gonna ring round some of the airlines direct and see what they can do. I just didn't want all the fuss of getting him to the airport cargo etc by myself.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Laska has a spectacular aura aboutLaska has a spectacular aura aboutLaska has a spectacular aura about

Whoa thats pricey!

I got a quote from American Airlines to fly Dublin to Texas with a stopover in Chicago and it was just over $100 and I provide the cage which is fine as I have a crate that is airline approved.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 6:42 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by warkitty
I'm gonna ring round some of the airlines direct and see what they can do. I just didn't want all the fuss of getting him to the airport cargo etc by myself.
If you want him to fly alone as cargo then the price will be a lot higher. It's far easier and cheaper to have him travel on the same flight, and just pay the excess baggage fee along with any other animal travel fee the airline impose.