Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bringing food back into the US

Bringing food back into the US

Old Aug 17th 2005, 1:23 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bringing food back into the US

Originally Posted by bored-silly
Pull it's front legs up towards you then you can kiss it while you are doing it.
Who the **** are you? Hulk Hogan?!!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 1:23 am
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Chandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
You're bringing Fajita seasoning back from the UK? surely that has to be a typo, when you can probably get 10 different types here in the US. Or am I just spoilt by living in the southwest?
i think you must be spoilt! - we have tried 3 different seasonings here and one turned the chicken green - it was awful! we like the Old El Paso stuff which we can only get in the big fajita kits here - so if we're at home it won't cost much or take up too much room to bring a few sachets back.

As with much of the stuff on our list we can get it here at a very big premium. I object to paying $8 for a small bottle of Ribena but my wife loves it, so we may as well get it at home.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 1:25 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chandler
i think you must be spoilt! - we have tried 3 different seasonings here and one turned the chicken green - it was awful! we like the Old El Paso stuff which we can only get in the big fajita kits here - so if we're at home it won't cost much or take up too much room to bring a few sachets back.

As with much of the stuff on our list we can get it here at a very big premium. I object to paying $8 for a small bottle of Ribena but my wife loves it, so we may as well get it at home.
Safeway's own brand fajita seasoning is pretty reasonable, as is McCormick's. Not quite as good as Old El Paso, I'll agree but any port in a storm and all that