Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brazilian, Menezes's visa expired 2 years ago

Wikiposts

Brazilian, Menezes's visa expired 2 years ago

Old Jul 28th 2005, 2:52 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brazilian, Menezes's visa expired 2 years ago

Originally Posted by dbickle
So how would you disable a suspected suicide bomber? It has to be instant, so tranquilisers won't do. Electricity will detonate the bomb, so that's tasers out the window. Rubber bullets would probably detonate the bomb in a body shot and would be lethal if used for a head shot. I hear lots of criticism but no answers.

Good question......I'm still flip flopping......that way I stay out of trouble.........

But I can't wait to see peoples answers......
Old Jul 28th 2005, 2:54 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
Good question......I'm still flip flopping......that way I stay out of trouble.........

But I can't wait to see peoples answers......
I'm waiting for people to start suggesting water cannons, or freezing them in carbonite
Old Jul 28th 2005, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
So they should have blown him away instead of taking him alive for vigourous questioning? Better to pick his brains in an interrogation than pick them up in a bucket after he's dead, surely.
No situation is ever going to be the same, they are going to have to make a judgement and decision based on the circumstances.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 2:58 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm waiting for people to start suggesting water cannons, or freezing them in carbonite
I'm sure people will come up with lots of interesting answers by morning.....

I'm off to bed.....pain killers kicking in........nite......you take care......
Old Jul 28th 2005, 2:59 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

So how would you disable a suspected suicide bomber? It has to be instant, so tranquilisers won't do. Electricity will detonate the bomb, so that's tasers out the window. Rubber bullets would probably detonate the bomb in a body shot and would be lethal if used for a head shot. I hear lots of criticism but no answers.
Seeing as the police managed to successfully apprehend a known suicide bomber alive using a taser without anyone at all getting killed I'd say there was some mileage in that approach in certain situations. However, I'm sure everyone's sense of righteous anger would have been more satisfied if he'd had the seven rounds to the head treatment, even if that meant he couldn't be vigorously interrogated.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 3:03 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing as the police managed to successfully apprehend a known suicide bomber alive using a taser without anyone at all getting killed I'd say there was some mileage in that approach in certain situations. However, I'm sure everyone's sense of righteous anger would have been more satisfied if he'd had the seven rounds to the head treatment, even if that meant he couldn't be vigorously interrogated.
In his home, under totally different circumstances. But how should they deal with a situation like the one that happened last Friday?
Old Jul 28th 2005, 3:04 pm
Franklin

What I find disturbing is that the PC mob will go on and on about the killing of a suspect suicide bomber (yes this was wrong and a tragedy) and completely overlook the preventable carnage that occurs each winter in the UK ... some 20,000 plus old people die of cold in England and Wales, and that's for an average winter. One winter the figure was much HIGHER. Just think about that, twenty thousand British people dying of cold in England and Wales each winter. 20,000. And do the PC mob even mention it? Nope. But don't they go on and on about the killing of one suspect suicide bomber, when 20,000, and then some, vulnerable British people die unnecessarily of cold each winter. Deaths that are preventable. Carnage is the only word that comes close to describing the avoidable vast death tole. Funny how the Guardian don't pick up on this appalling carnage.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3226897.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4014221.stm

Old Jul 28th 2005, 3:07 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Franklin
What I find disturbing is that the PC mob...
Who is the "PC mob"?
Old Jul 28th 2005, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

some 20,000 plus old people die of cold in England and Wales, and that's for an average winter.
Why do you think the housing market cools off in the winter?
Old Jul 28th 2005, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

He was arrested at a house in Heybarnes Road, Birmingham at about 4.30am yesterday, which had been under surveillance before the raid. He was alone at the time, Mr Clarke said.

“During the course of that arrest, officers did find it necessary to use a Taser weapon to control him,� he added.

Mr Clarke said there was no intelligence to suggest there were explosives in the house. Local residents were evacuated “as a precaution�.

So it would suggest that there wasn't a crowd of people who may be blown up and I doubt he would go to bed with explosives on him unless he didn't speak very good English and didn't understand what a blow job was and his partner had suggested it.

Last edited by Mercedes; Jul 28th 2005 at 3:17 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 3:10 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

What I find disturbing is that the PC mob will go on and on about the killing of a suspect suicide bomber (yes this was wrong and a tragedy) and completely overlook the preventable carnage that occurs each winter in the UK ... some 20,000 plus old people die of cold in England and Wales, and that's for an average winter. One winter the figure was much HIGHER. Just think about that, twenty thousand British people dying of cold in England and Wales each winter. 20,000. And do the PC mob even mention it? Nope. But don't they go on and on about the killing of one suspect suicide bomber, when 20,000, and then some, vulnerable British people die unnecessarily of cold each winter. Deaths that are preventable. Carnage is the only word that comes close to describing the avoidable vast death tole. Funny how the Guardian don't pick up on this appalling carnage.

Disgraceful! I blame George Bush and the war in Iraq.....
Old Jul 28th 2005, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think people should view that the police shot the brazillian based on the the information they had, it turned out it was the wrong decision. The Brazillian made the decision to run, that also turned out also to be the wrong decision. A bad day for all concerned, except the other people there who are still alive and well.

Old Jul 28th 2005, 4:12 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
He does say previously in the article that the police must have had evidence to indicate that he wasn't wearing a bomb.
Sir Ian is very clever. He obviously doesn't trust intelligence. Would you, post-Downing Street Iraq? :rolleyes:
Old Jul 28th 2005, 5:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Sir Ian is very clever. He obviously doesn't trust intelligence. Would you, post-Downing Street Iraq?
We have heard from the Home Office.

Will we hear from the Inland Revenue?
Old Jul 28th 2005, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I thought they arrested them all when they went to cash their giros ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.