Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Branston Pickle

Branston Pickle

Old Oct 30th 2004, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Branston Pickle

I know branston pickle is one of the most favourite imports for English Stores in the US so I thought maybe you would like to know they are predicting a world wide shortage of it after their factory burned down. I had asked my parents to pick me some up so they could bring it over with them in Dec (this was a few days before the news) they went shopping yesterday and their local ASDA store has already had their shelves cleaned out. So anyone that is fond of a bit of pickle on your cheese you may want to stock up.

here is a link to the story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/3957303.stm

Ash
Old Oct 30th 2004, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Suess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to all
Default Re: Branston Pickle

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
I know branston pickle is one of the most favourite imports for English Stores in the US so I thought maybe you would like to know they are predicting a world wide shortage of it after their factory burned down. I had asked my parents to pick me some up so they could bring it over with them in Dec (this was a few days before the news) they went shopping yesterday and their local ASDA store has already had their shelves cleaned out. So anyone that is fond of a bit of pickle on your cheese you may want to stock up.

here is a link to the story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/3957303.stm

Ash
Hi,
I just bought the last jar of Branston Pickle on the shelf of a Celtic store in Bethlehem PA. It cost me $4.60..............OUCH. Thanks for the tip. I guess I'd better start rationing it. I just need some decent cheese now.

Just for the record. The same store sells Crunchies,Twirls,Turkish Delights and Polos etc for $1.50 each.

Sue
Old Oct 30th 2004, 3:57 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

That's a bit of a bugger ain't it...

Though a good site to get blighty stuff, especially if your in new england:
http://www.britishdelights.com/
Old Oct 30th 2004, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky I still have a full jar. I will get my folks to bring some when they come out I think along with some Paxo!