Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Brain Damaged Dad Speaks After 10 Years

Brain Damaged Dad Speaks After 10 Years

Old May 3rd 2005, 9:57 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Brain Damaged Dad Speaks After 10 Years

What an amazing story:

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...341677,00.html

I can only think how distressing it must be for Terri Shiavo's parents and siblings if they hear about this.

Actually...after she died I never heard anything more about the funeral which the husband and parents were also arguing over....does anyone know if indeed her husband did have her cremated instead of giving her a burial as per Roman Catholic custom and her parent's wishes?
Old May 3rd 2005, 10:28 pm
Franklin

Default Re: Brain Damaged Dad Speaks After 10 Years

Originally Posted by Englishmum
What an amazing story:

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...341677,00.html

I can only think how distressing it must be for Terri Shiavo's parents and siblings if they hear about this.

Actually...after she died I never heard anything more about the funeral which the husband and parents were also arguing over....does anyone know if indeed her husband did have her cremated instead of giving her a burial as per Roman Catholic custom and her parent's wishes?
I seem to recall reading that Terri was cremated, which seemed pretty unfair to me as Terri had religious beliefs that suggested a preference for burial.

Old May 3rd 2005, 10:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Third thread on the matter...and slight difference here in that this guy wasn't a bowl of lettuce....
Old May 3rd 2005, 10:59 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Third thread on the matter...and slight difference here in that this guy wasn't a bowl of lettuce....
*lol* you have such an eloquent way with words bob!!!
Old May 3rd 2005, 11:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
*lol* you have such an eloquent way with words bob!!!
I try
Old May 4th 2005, 12:01 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by Bob
I try

Too often!

Total Posts (By Bob): 19,523 (71.96 posts per day) (as of 5/3/05)

Bob, you are out of control! It seems you broke the 18,000 barrier just a wee while ago.

Bob breaks 18000 barrier

Old May 4th 2005, 11:24 am
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Englishmum
And the other millions of family members that go through these decisions each year.

The huge huge difference here is that they performed SCAN's on Terri and she had no brain, it was gone, bluntly it was mush. It was this undisputed evidence the review boards (judges, doctors) saw.

This guy was kind of in a living coma which too can happen but the cases are not closely comparable - as I'm told.

Brains to not grow back.........
Old May 4th 2005, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

You knew it had to be a man who could not speak for 10 years, no woman could manage that
Old May 4th 2005, 4:07 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
You knew it had to be a man who could not speak for 10 years, no woman could manage that
Men don't usually have much worth saying anyway!
Old May 4th 2005, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pigtails
We do, it is just we never can get a word in edgeways. :P
Old May 4th 2005, 5:51 pm

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pigtails
We don't need to talk - we look oh so cool just standing there....
Old May 4th 2005, 5:55 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by franc111s

LOL! Well....some guys do. Just not any on this board.
Old May 4th 2005, 5:55 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Did you read the first words he said?

He said, "I want to talk to my wife." Smart man...

NC Penguin
Old May 4th 2005, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Did you read the first words he said?

He said, "I want to talk to my wife." Smart man...

NC Penguin
See, first words from us men - are lies Proves it's genetic
Old May 4th 2005, 6:07 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc111s
Are you saying that being brain damaged is cool?

NC Penguin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.