Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Boys with beards - a US thing?

Boys with beards - a US thing?

Old Feb 26th 2007, 3:38 pm
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boys with beards - a US thing?

Originally Posted by TruBrit
and which lips are you talking about
Old Feb 26th 2007, 3:40 pm
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

Chicks dig it, until you go "South of the Border" then you have to whip out the Gillette. I tried the old goatee for a while but I got tired trimming it.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 3:45 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cabritpop
Chicks dig it, until you go "South of the Border" then you have to whip out the Gillette. I tried the old goatee for a while but I got tired trimming it.
I have had a goatee for years but I have to trim it very short regularly because it scratches. I have shaved it off once in the last ten years and barely recognised myself. Never again.
I am not sure why I am telling you all this.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 3:58 pm
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
I have had a goatee for years but I have to trim it very short regularly because it scratches. I have shaved it off once in the last ten years and barely recognised myself. Never again.
Scratches when? Going south of the border or other times?
Old Feb 26th 2007, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

I've noticed a lot of young guys in our neck of the woods with not so much goatees but a long beard sprouting from their chins, they tend to shave the side burn part off and just have this big blob of hair suspended from their chins.
We were in Fry's last week and the sales assistant had one of these funky beards and he must have been all of 22! Maybe it's something for his girlfriend to hang on to?????
Old Feb 26th 2007, 4:04 pm
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Texas Mom
I've noticed a lot of young guys in our neck of the woods with not so much goatees but a long beard sprouting from their chins, they tend to shave the side burn part off and just have this big blob of hair suspended from their chins.
We were in Fry's last week and the sales assistant had one of these funky beards and he must have been all of 22! Maybe it's something for his girlfriend to hang on to?????
I think they are called "flavor savors"
Old Feb 26th 2007, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
I think they are called "flavor savors"
That's disgusting!
Old Feb 26th 2007, 4:21 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Is this Silly Sod or Molly Malone typing now?

I have a full beard in the winter and trim it to a goatee in the summer. I've been doing this for probably 15 odd years. There was one brief period just after I hired on with my current company that I had to shave it because the company dress code forbade beards. After about a year the policy was rewritten and I had my beard back in a week. This was the same time the company allowed the women to wear pants. (No, I'm not kidding.)
Old Feb 26th 2007, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brync
Totally agree. I used to go out with a Spanish girl many years ago and she couldn't be beaten for hair in both places!!! Absolute nightmare sharing a kiss a girl and getting tickled in the process (kissing on her lips I hasten to add)
haha.

good to see the blue!
Old Feb 26th 2007, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Those horrible mini beard things are in Canada too - yuk
Old Feb 26th 2007, 5:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

speaking of, someone at work is having a tash growing competition to see who can grow the most stupid looking one...should be amusing, but I think I'll give it a miss
Old Feb 26th 2007, 5:02 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

I have a tache and sideburns. I shaved them off for a while, but was ordered to put them back.

Why are you lumping all facial hair into one category. There are the shaven, here are those with beards and/or moustaches, and there are the in-between, the "I-can't-make-up-my-mind-so-I'll-carry-a-weeks-growth, beard
Old Feb 26th 2007, 5:04 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I shave every Thursday ..most weeks ....
Old Feb 26th 2007, 5:08 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Is this Silly Sod or Molly Malone typing now?

I have a full beard in the winter and trim it to a goatee in the summer. I've been doing this for probably 15 odd years. There was one brief period just after I hired on with my current company that I had to shave it because the company dress code forbade beards. After about a year the policy was rewritten and I had my beard back in a week. This was the same time the company allowed the women to wear pants. (No, I'm not kidding.)
Old Feb 26th 2007, 5:09 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
speaking of, someone at work is having a tash growing competition to see who can grow the most stupid looking one...should be amusing, but I think I'll give it a miss

Like this?: http://www.worldbeardchampionships.c...y/gallery.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.