The Box

Old Jan 3rd 2012, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Keith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to all
Default The Box

I've had an account with The Box for over a year now and enjoying the convenience and good British shows. But today instead of not having to log in, it asked for the user name and password and I cannot remember either. I tried all our usual ones but no success. So I asked to retrieve it. It said that an email would be sent. Trouble is, since arriving in the US I have changed email address and provider. So, the question is.. does anyone know how to contact the box. They say only contact is by IRC and I've no idea how to do that. When I clicked on the link it just said that web page not available. I'd love some plain english advice as I have very limited computer literacy.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 4:06 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Box

Like it says, you need to contact them through IRC, which is basically a internet chat thing.

There are loads of free clients, but perhaps try - http://www.mibbit.com/ which is online based.

Plug in the chat channel details from the info on the box and then wait around till someone is on and ask...

Don't expect much though....probably easier just to create a new account, unless you've paid them a chunk of money for a good ratio.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Keith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to all

Thanks for that Bob. I'm going to pass that website on to my daughter and let her have a go. She's not exactly a young geek but a lot closer to the computer age than me.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 11:06 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I know you will lose all your credits but it might be easier to just open a new account and save the hassle!!
Old Jan 4th 2012, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I know you will lose all your credits but it might be easier to just open a new account and save the hassle!!
Just can't do that on the same computer. Only wish we could.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 1:52 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keith S
Just can't do that on the same computer. Only wish we could.
But and I am no tech wiz they go by your IP address so it won't be the same and change the email address
Old Jan 4th 2012, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

But and I am no tech wiz they go by your IP address so it won't be the same and change the email address
We tried to open a new account but it was rejected. They must have the computer recognised on record in some way.
My daughter had the job of contacting "the box" people on IRC. The website she had to use to chat to them was mirc (mibbit was not recognised). Last heard that she had made contact and was waiting for help and the queue looked like a long one. So, fingers crossed.....
Old Jan 4th 2012, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone have any invitations going? Pretty please.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by nethead
Old Jan 4th 2012, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 4th 2012, 11:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
don't need an invite, it's open sign up...
Old Jan 4th 2012, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
don't need an invite, it's open sign up...
Well she got one anyway lol..when did that change!!
Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:08 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Well she got one anyway lol..when did that change!!
It's been open for a while now, unless they've changed things. When you click on sign up, you get to sign up, previously when they were full and/or needed a invite, when you clicked to sign up, you didn't get the option to input in your deets as it said they were full, bla,bla,bla.

I can't be arsed with it anymore for the hassle anyway.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Bob
It's been open for a while now, unless they've changed things. When you click on sign up, you get to sign up, previously when they were full and/or needed a invite, when you clicked to sign up, you didn't get the option to input in your deets as it said they were full, bla,bla,bla.

I can't be arsed with it anymore for the hassle anyway.
Well that's cool...I have not used it since August but did get into Emmerdale when I was home in the UK sooooooooo
Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Success! Contact made via the irc and we're now back on line. I can hear the strains of Corrie in the background.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.