Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Boston Flights

Boston Flights

Old Aug 29th 2006, 4:03 pm
Glasgow

Andy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant future
Default Boston Flights

American Airlines are axing their daily flights between Manchester and Boston, but from May FlyGlobespan will launch a daily service between Boston and Glasgow.

Direct flights from Boston to the UK are now available from London and Glasgow.

Last edited by Andy1l; Aug 29th 2006 at 4:14 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 4:05 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boston Flights

Originally Posted by Andy1l
but from May FlyGlobespan will launch a daily service between Manchester and Glasgow.
short flight.........

the MAN - BOS routes have always been seasonal.

I also heard a rumour that AA are axing their ORD - GLA route
Old Aug 29th 2006, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute

American Airlines are axing their daily flights between Manchester and Boston, but from May FlyGlobespan will launch a daily service between Manchester and Glasgow.

Direct flights from Boston to the UK are now available from London and Glasgow.
They axed the NCL-JFK route before it even started!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 4:13 pm
Glasgow

Andy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant futureAndy1l has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Manc
short flight.........

the MAN - BOS routes have always been seasonal.

I also heard a rumour that AA are axing their ORD - GLA route
Yea MAN-BOS and GLA-ORD are both seasonal, both will not be returning next summer. The new FlyGlobespan flights from Boston to Glasgow will operate all year round.

American Airlines are axing a tone of European flight and sending passengers via London or Paris.

They are hoping that people in the UK will now fly from Glasgow or Manchester to London and then get an American Airlines flight.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 4:20 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

They are hoping that people in the UK will now fly from Glasgow or Manchester to London and then get an American Airlines flight.
not really.
Manchester still has a very viable transatlantic market.
One world (BA and AA) operate flights daily out of Manchester to JFK and ORD respectively.
BMI to ORD
Delta to JFK / ATL
US to PHL
CO to EWR
Virgin to MCO
AC to YYZ
Pakistan also flies MAN to JFK I believe.

And If I do have to change somewhere, I'd rather change at Schiphol than London.

There is no need for Manchester Customers to go via LHR to get across the atlantic......
it will be AA's loss.
Also didn't AA have a MIA flight out of MAN for awhile?

What does perturb me is the use of 757 flying pencils to British regional airports, they're about as comfortable as sitting in a sardine tin.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 4:27 pm
Glasgow

not really.
Manchester still has a very viable transatlantic market.
One world (BA and AA) operate flights daily out of Manchester to JFK and ORD respectively.
BMI to ORD
Delta to JFK / ATL
US to PHL
CO to EWR
Virgin to MCO
AC to YYZ
Pakistan also flies MAN to JFK I believe.

And If I do have to change somewhere, I'd rather change at Schiphol than London.

There is no need for Manchester Customers to go via LHR to get across the atlantic......
it will be AA's loss.
Also didn't AA have a MIA flight out of MAN for awhile?

What does perturb me is the use of 757 flying pencils to British regional airports, they're about as comfortable as sitting in a sardine tin.
Yea I know there are other long haul flights but American Airlines are hoping we will use their flights from London rather then other airlines from Manchester and Glasgow.

Glasgow is has great connections across the world with no need to go to London. I personally never will fly via London. If say I wanted to fly to Sydney I would fly Glasgow to Dubai and then Dubai to Sydney.

From Glasgow we have direct long haul flights to Barbados, Boston, Calgary, Cancun, Cayo Coco, Chicago, Dubai, Halifax, Holguin, Islamabad, Karachi, Las Vegas, New York, Orlando International, Orlando Sanford, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Puerto Plata, Toronto, Vancouver and Varadero

Most of these have connections on offer so instead of flying Glasgow-London-San Francisco I would fly Glasgow-Philadelphia-San Francisco.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Boston Flights

Also, starting next May 25th we will have FlyGlobespan operating between Liverpool & Newark, NJ.

I prefer using AA between ORD & MAN, myself.

Jim.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 4:44 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Also, starting next May 25th we will have FlyGlobespan operating between Liverpool & Newark, NJ.

I prefer using AA between ORD & MAN, myself.

Jim.
alright Jim.

good news on Liverpool getting decent american service at last.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 4:48 pm
@matthewb76

Yea I know there are other long haul flights but American Airlines are hoping we will use their flights from London rather then other airlines from Manchester and Glasgow.

Glasgow is has great connections across the world with no need to go to London. I personally never will fly via London. If say I wanted to fly to Sydney I would fly Glasgow to Dubai and then Dubai to Sydney.

From Glasgow we have direct long haul flights to Barbados, Boston, Calgary, Cancun, Cayo Coco, Chicago, Dubai, Halifax, Holguin, Islamabad, Karachi, Las Vegas, New York, Orlando International, Orlando Sanford, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Puerto Plata, Toronto, Vancouver and Varadero

Most of these have connections on offer so instead of flying Glasgow-London-San Francisco I would fly Glasgow-Philadelphia-San Francisco.
Who flies to Ottawa from GLA is that Zoom?

Are Las Vegas and Sandford schedule flights or charter?

BMI offers flights to those places out of MAN but not daily.
Monarch flies to Sandford too but is charter I think.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 4:49 pm
Glasgow

alright Jim.

good news on Liverpool getting decent american service at last.
Yup good news for Liverpool. Flight will operate daily May to October and 3x per week November to April. I think it will be a 757 operating this route.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 4:52 pm
Glasgow

Who flies to Ottawa from GLA is that Zoom?

Are Las Vegas and Sandford schedule flights or charter?

BMI offers flights to those places out of MAN but not daily.
Monarch flies to Sandford too but is charter I think.
Yea Glasgow to Ottawa is Zoom Airlines.

It (Glasgow to Ottawa) was a summer only service but this year for the first time it will operate in the winter.

Las Vegas and Sanford are a mix of scheduled and charter flights. FlyGlobespan operate daily to Sanford and twice a week to Las Vegas.

Charter flights to Las Vegas are operated by MyTravel and charter flights to Sanford are operated by MyTravel, First Choice, Monarch, Excel Airways, Travel City Direct and ThomsonFly.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 4:54 pm
@matthewb76

Excel Airways,
XLA.........you couldn't pay me to fly with those clowns.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 5:02 pm
Glasgow

XLA.........you couldn't pay me to fly with those clowns.
Lol take it they are mince? Never flown with them myself…
Old Aug 29th 2006, 5:33 pm
@matthewb76

Lol take it they are mince? Never flown with them myself…
one of their rancid old 747's had an engine fire and they had a bomb scare.......that's just last week.

not bad for one week. they have more delays and cancellations than British Rail........

incidentally, they managed to evacuate 519 people from the plane with the engine fire.......

519 in a 747?
no thanks.........

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=17595771&method=full&siteid=66633&head line=tourists-in-jumbo-jet-blaze-drama--name_page.html
Old Aug 29th 2006, 5:37 pm
Glasgow

one of their rancid old 747's had an engine fire and they had a bomb scare.......that's just last week.

not bad for one week. they have more delays and cancellations than British Rail........

incidentally, they managed to evacuate 519 people from the plane with the engine fire.......

519 in a 747?
no thanks.........

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=17595771&method=full&siteid=66633&head line=tourists-in-jumbo-jet-blaze-drama--name_page.html
I herd about the flight diverting to Italy when I was in Mexico. Its those 500 seat 747s they use on the Glasgow to Orlando flights. No thanks for me, I’ll go with First Choice, FlyGlobespan or Virgin Atlantic!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.