Books

Old Nov 6th 2003, 5:08 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Default Books

I've always wanted a complete set of the Malory Towers series by Enid Blyton.

Just got off the phone with this chap and he is going to hook me up with a set in paper back and a set in hard cover.

He has a lot of the old annuals too (my favourite was Mandy)

What comics did you like to read the best? You might be able to find them here
Old Nov 6th 2003, 5:35 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Books

Originally posted by BrigieDarling

Just got off the phone with this chap and he is going to hook me up with a set in paper back and a set in hard cover.

The Beano, I would love it when they brought out the hard back xmas annual....my brother back home told me the other day he had found them in the attic boxes of 'em. I have some really old comics from my dads era real early sketches of desperate dan etc.

My all time fav's were the 'commando' comic books the first one I ever bought was 9 pence.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 5:38 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

great thread Brig, you have brought back some amazing memories....

I have the 2000th edition as well........cool
Attached Thumbnails Books-beano2000.gif  
Old Nov 6th 2003, 5:42 pm
Never right in the head!

Default The Dandy

anyone remember this..
Attached Thumbnails Books-desperatedanpie.jpeg  
Old Nov 6th 2003, 6:08 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

Afraid I was a right girlie, here's my list of fave comics through the ages:

Twinkle
Look-In
Girl
Number One
Smash Hits
Just 17
Empire
Premiere
Marie Claire
Vogue
W
Old Nov 6th 2003, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Jxab12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Roy of the Rovers!
Old Nov 6th 2003, 8:12 pm
Never right in the head!

Default Commando

Frightened hero....here it is the first one I ever collected and its on e-bay
Attached Thumbnails Books-25_1.jpeg  
Old Nov 6th 2003, 8:24 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PrincessofWales
Afraid I was a right girlie, here's my list of fave comics through the ages:

Twinkle
Look-In
Girl
Number One
Smash Hits
Just 17
Empire
Premiere
Marie Claire
Vogue
W
That's a good variation on the "Where y'all from ?" thread.

Here's mine (from youngest to present) :

Beano/Dandy
Cheeky (I think it was called that)
Whizzer.... ?
Look-In
Smash Hits
2000 AD
Record Mirror
Sky Magazine
MCN
Q/Vox etc..
Viz
and now any UK internet mag I can find here

Webbie.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

ArsNo2 is an unknown quantity at this point

[

Bunty and Judy - I'm afraid a lot of you have probably never heard of them

Yosser - Hubbys very into Viz these days, but it used to be The Beano - in amongst the personal things we had shipped a couple of years ago is a large cardboard box FULL of Beano comics. He even has a large collection of Plastic Beano Characters dutifully collected and delivered by his sister Myra when Macdonalds were doing them over in England a couple of years ago......
Old Nov 7th 2003, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

datcha is an unknown quantity at this point

Must admit I stocked up on Eagle comics from the 80's from ebay before I came out here.... Felt 10 years old again :')
Old Nov 7th 2003, 12:32 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

I can't wait to hide my amex bill.... I mean get the books I ordered!

I graduated to Mandy from years of Beano and Whizzer!

Later on I had Smash Hits delivered every Thursday by the paper boy! (Wish they still did that)
Old Nov 7th 2003, 1:33 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commando

Originally posted by Yosser
Frightened hero....here it is the first one I ever collected and its on e-bay
I loved Commando! I still have a box of them back at my parents' house, along with my Dandy, Victor, Warlord, Battle, Oor Wullie and the Broons annuals.

Comics wot I have bought:

Dandy
Victor
Commando
Spike
2000AD
Viz
The Sandman
Old Nov 7th 2003, 2:06 pm
Never right in the head!

Default Re: Commando

Originally posted by DaveC
I loved Commando! I still have a box of them back at my parents' house, along with my Dandy, Victor, Warlord, Battle, Oor Wullie and the Broons annuals.

Comics wot I have bought:

Dandy
Victor
Commando
Spike
2000AD
Viz
The Sandman
"warlord" yes I had those too....great fun.

Just after I got off line last night my mum called from England, she was just about to start a sentance, when I jumped in "Hey, remember my commando books do we still have them? or did you throw them away?.....she said its ok I stored them into some plastic boxes along with your Beanos .....Thank god for Mum's

I remember when VIZ came out, I was about 11 or 12 and my best mate used to do a paper-round but he would also stop by my house for us to read it and have a laugh before it actually got to the customer.

Roger Melly the man on Telly....."bollocks"
Old Nov 7th 2003, 2:40 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I remember Bunty & Judy!!! I loved Bunty beacuse of the cut out dolls & clothes on the back page!! I also had Diana and then Jackie! I had the whole hard back sets of The Secret Seven and The Famous Five books but when I left home my mum gave them all away to charity shops! I could have cried!!

Maggie

Originally posted by ArsNo2
[

Bunty and Judy - I'm afraid a lot of you have probably never heard of them

Yosser - Hubbys very into Viz these days, but it used to be The Beano - in amongst the personal things we had shipped a couple of years ago is a large cardboard box FULL of Beano comics. He even has a large collection of Plastic Beano Characters dutifully collected and delivered by his sister Myra when Macdonalds were doing them over in England a couple of years ago......
Old Nov 7th 2003, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

hhmaker is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to love "Shoot" and "whiza and Chips"

Anybody remember those?

My 12 year old son is really into Adrian Mole at the moment, which I also read and loved at his age.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.