Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bollocks.....

Bollocks.....

Old Sep 21st 2004, 11:53 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bollocks.....

How many words can we get away with using that mean nothing here, or vice versa.

I was driving along today and had to turn back around and snap this pic.

A woman did come out of the building looking puzzled. When I explained why I was taking the pic and what it meant she was shocked/horrified/amused. Turns out her boss (the owner of Bollocks Masonry) is English. He must be laughing his off everyday.

I've removed the number so they don't get inundated with calls from people just wanting to hear some California cutie say 'bollocks' obliviously.
Attached Thumbnails Bollocks.....-bollocks-blocked-out.jpg  
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 1:45 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bollocks.....

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
How many words can we get away with using that mean nothing here, or vice versa.
That is great
Well Minger, Manky, they come to mind...
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 1:52 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
That is great
Well Minger, Manky, they come to mind...
Or maybe munter!
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 2:53 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Or maybe munter!
Fags-Cigs...that's had a few weird looks *l*
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I have ever heard the word 'twat' used here.

Ash
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 4:18 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally Posted by Bob
Fags-Cigs...that's had a few weird looks *l*
Yeah, seem to remember some guy posting a while back. Apparently he'd had a stressful day at work and announced that he was going outside to have a long hard suck on a fag. Priceless!
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 4:19 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US

Ash
LOL! Now that's a word that makes me smile!
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

While were on the subject... I over heard someone say their 'fanny hurt real bad' I know their understanding of the word but I just had to laugh out loud.

Ash
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 2:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Yeah, haven't heard that over here either....
mostly rude words ain't it
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 3:14 pm
The fattest member

fatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to allfatman is a name known to all

You have to be careful if you ask someone to bum a fag off of them
Not many get the two finger gesture, they think it's a peace sign. I was first greeted by my girlfriends younger sister by that one. I don't think that many understand wanker either....
but what about American words that we don't understand....
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 3:18 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

I've removed the number so they don't get inundated with calls from people just wanting to hear some California cutie say 'bollocks' obliviously.
A quick google will reveal they actually have their own web page
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 3:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by fatman
You have to be careful if you ask someone to bum a fag off of them
Not many get the two finger gesture, they think it's a peace sign. I was first greeted by my girlfriends younger sister by that one. I don't think that many understand wanker either....
but what about American words that we don't understand....
Hehe...yeah, that's pretty funny
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 6:35 pm
ElsieTheMaid

Brilliant!!!!!!!!

Old Sep 22nd 2004, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ElsieTheMaid
Brilliant!!!!!!!!
You should check out the animation when you open the website, v.good.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 7:59 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

I was driving along today and had to turn back around and snap this pic.

A woman did come out of the building looking puzzled. When I explained why I was taking the pic and what it meant she was shocked/horrified/amused. Turns out her boss (the owner of Bollocks Masonry) is English. He must be laughing his off everyday.

i can't believe you took away the number! so much fun lost. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.