Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bobbies V.s Cops.

Bobbies V.s Cops.

Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bobbies V.s Cops.

Originally Posted by Ray
I drove an 8.2 litre Caddy in London ...

We then.. and now never gave a toss about the green people ..
Why? Do you simply not believe that oil is a resource that we will one day run out of, or are you just very selfish?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:26 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pejpm1
Why? Do you simply not believe that oil is a resource that we will one day run out of, or are you just very selfish?
Totally selfish without a doubt... when it runs out we will all be long dead ..
I don't believe all the hype .... of course its a resource ... to be used ....

Of course now I'm down to a 4.7 V.8
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:26 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
That had nothing to do with it. I saw one just like it while visiting my mom in FL at Xmas. I turned to DH and said I love that car and he said then you should get one. So we returned home on Xmas and the day after I went to the dealership, went in and told them that I wanted the coolest Mustang they had that wasn't a convertible and it had to be black, grey, or blue. They just got this one in, so I drove it over to DH's work. He came out, looked at it, listened to it, and told me not to come home without it. End of story.

I've never went over 80 in it on the interstate.
In that case...what a bloody waste of a V8 Mustang.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:29 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Totally selfish without a doubt... when it runs out we will all be long dead ..
I don't believe all the hype .... of course its a resource ... to be used ....

Of course now I'm down to a 4.7 V.8
I'd rather do 120MPH for 30 minutes than 60 MPH for an hour.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:31 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Because I dont like it when people buy huge gas guzzling monster cars when they dont need them.....
You do realize you're in the US?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:37 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
I'd rather do 120MPH for 30 minutes than 60 MPH for an hour.
Your still young (ish) with good reflexes ...
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
Your still young (ish) with good reflexes ...
The needle will be bouncing off of the red numbers until the put me in my box.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:05 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Because I dont like it when people buy huge gas guzzling monster cars when they dont need them.....I'm not a green freak, but I just believe that we have a duty to our environment...when I see someone in a hummer it pisses me off so much, same as when I lived in London and I'd see women pulling up to school gates in big range rovers just to do the daily school run. Cars are a nessecity in many parts of the world (I'm not saying you dont need one, I'm sure that you do) but I dont see why people need damaging cars just because they look cool.

Although in saying that, I dont believe in government legislation or charging...for example, I dont believe in the extra congestion charge for 'gas guzzlers', I just think that its one of those things that should become socially unacceptable....
I could move out to the boonies and buy back my Jetta and end up 'guzzling' more gas. I chose to live close to my job. And I bike/walk most places when the weather is decent (even to the mall before)...there are great bike paths where I live. I used to teach a college level environmental course and there is more to being green than choosing a car that gets 5 miles/gal more than the one I have....I do my part in ways that doesn't advertise my 'greenness.' So if I want a cool car for once in the past 20 years, I'll have it without guilt.

Anyway, I need to go have my hair done now.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:07 pm
Banned

Sexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
I could move out to the boonies and buy back my Jetta and end up 'guzzling' more gas. I chose to live close to my job. And I bike/walk most places when the weather is decent (even to the mall before)...there are great bike paths where I live. I used to teach a college level environmental course....I do my part in ways that doesn't advertise my 'greenness.' So if I want a cool car for once in the past 20 years, I'll have it without guilt.
Amen to that.

It's all corporate bullshit anyway. Believe me, the earth will be just fine and go on for many years after we're gone. Pollution and global warming may wipe us out, but the planet will continue without us. And that's probably for the best.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:39 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sexytime
It's all corporate bullshit anyway. Believe me, the earth will be just fine and go on for many years after we're gone. Pollution and global warming may wipe us out, but the planet will continue without us. And that's probably for the best.
Another clue as to why the SA of U is right for you.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:53 pm
Banned

Sexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Another clue as to why the SA of U is right for you.

Absolutely.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny because the same people that talk about oil being simply a resource to be used are usually the same people to complain about the price of gas. You cant have it both ways.

Ray, you may well be gone before oil shortages become a problem, but it wont be way into the distant future as you seem to believe. Many scientists believe that we could hit 'peak oil' i.e. the point that the oil supply will start to decline, in the next 25 years. Not really such a long time is it? Do you have kids? Grandkids? We are talking about something that could impact in their lifetimes.

I made this point on another thread already..... my postings on here wont change anyones mind. It just really saddens me that people can be so blindly ignorant and selfish about the world around them, all in the name of a status symbol. Cars are just objects, tools to move around in...nothing more.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Cars are just objects, tools to move around in...nothing more.
But some tools are better than others.....
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:01 pm
Ray

Ray, you may well be gone before oil shortages become a problem, but it wont be way into the distant future as you seem to believe. Many scientists believe that we could hit 'peak oil' i.e. the point that the oil supply will start to decline, in the next 25 years. Not really such a long time is it? Do you have kids? Grandkids? We are talking about something that could impact in their lifetimes.
Scientist said the same in the 50s .... and the 60s etc

I don't worry or really care about others ..they can sort their own problems out .. I always have..
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

destroyerdivine will become famous soon enough

Working as a person in the petroleum business I know for sure that oil is starting, REPEAT, STARTING to be in short supply. But, that is only in Saudi Arabia as they are about to start drilling in their last big field and at a loss. The current prices are going up because the Saudis are pumping at 12 million bbls a day, and are only trying to keep production at that level. Yes, we're running short, and that's only with those oil fields that we already tap. There is a huge, "BUT" though, and that is: only a fraction of the Earth has been explored for oil exploration so, I am positive that another huge field will be discovered in the near future. Bio fuels are a ploy to make big business money, and food growers rich because of shortages caused by using corn and sugar cane to make fuel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.