Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bobbies V.s Cops.

Bobbies V.s Cops.

Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:16 pm
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bobbies V.s Cops.

v8 just gets you too the posted speed limit faster

it's all about the sound really......my next cars gonna be a big V8.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems an appropriate time to post this.....

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/25/...ial/index.html

Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:26 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pejpm1
Seems an appropriate time to post this.....

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/25/...ial/index.html

With their advisor ..nothing surprises me ....
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
With their advisor ..nothing surprises me ....
Who do you mean? Sharpton? I dont like the guy but I think the anger is totally justified in this case. Although the fact that 2 of the 3 offiicers are Black kind of negates the racial element somewhat....it's still a total miscarriage of justice.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Who do you mean? Sharpton? I dont like the guy but I think the anger is totally justified in this case. Although the fact that 2 of the 3 offiicers are Black kind of negates the racial element somewhat....it's still a total miscarriage of justice.
He just made is a racial argument and the real case gets lost ...
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
All of the above....and I live 6 miles from work and only work 185 days a year. DH has a V8, also. He has a 2-mile commute.

AND most importantly, I look great in it!
I don't understand it either. Driving 6 miles to and from work....not much point having a V8 is there? Your car barely even warms up in that time; 2 miles, even worse. You must get some truly shocking gas mileage for the little bit you do. Cold engines = terrible gas miles at the best of times, 4.6l V8 even worse.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:19 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Oh do leave off. If that were really the case then no blacks would ever bother buying a car in the south let alone getting in one and driving, let alone getting in one and driving over the speed limit. Whilst I wouldn't argue they are more likely to be pulled over than whites for you to claim they would "most likely" be pulled over by some Barney Fife character is a load of utter bollocks. I would go as far as to say there are more blacks that drive their cars in the south during the course of a day that DO NOT get pulled over than those that do.

Bit of an exagerration there methinks.
Hi:

There is an acronym for it -- "DWB" [Driving While Black. And I am talking about Los Angeles. Quite often an arrest for DWB will have the driver engaging in the highly suspicous activity of driving, lets say, a new BMW.

Of course, the offense is hard to quantify due to practiced police "testilying." BTW, the last time I did jury duty I went to two voir dire examinations. The DA's would first use their preemptory challenges for friends and relatives of people who had drug arrests. Then they would go after the lawyers. One case I was on the voir dire panel for apparently involved police violence -- there was curtain around the bottom of the prosecution & defense tables so the jurors could not see that the defendant was in shackles, there were 15 bailiffs rather than the standard 2 or 3, and we had to go through a security checkpoint to get into the courtROOM [after having done it to get into the building in the first place].

One of the questions asked the potential jurors was whether or not they could trust testimony from law enforcement officers. I responded "Case by case. I usually find law enforcement to be honest and forthcoming, but I have seen cases of testilying." I was the second person challenged by the People, they kicked the criminal defense lawyer on the panel first. My wife couldn't believe I used the word "testilying" in court. I told her it was truthful and I didn't really care to serve on what looked like to be a long-cause trial.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:39 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
That still doesnt explain why you bought a V8 instead of the V6 if it wasnt for the added performance..ie. exceeding the posted speed limit.
That had nothing to do with it. I saw one just like it while visiting my mom in FL at Xmas. I turned to DH and said I love that car and he said then you should get one. So we returned home on Xmas and the day after I went to the dealership, went in and told them that I wanted the coolest Mustang they had that wasn't a convertible and it had to be black, grey, or blue. They just got this one in, so I drove it over to DH's work. He came out, looked at it, listened to it, and told me not to come home without it. End of story.

I've never went over 80 in it on the interstate.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've never went over 80 in it on the interstate.
congratulations
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:41 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
I don't understand it either. Driving 6 miles to and from work....not much point having a V8 is there? Your car barely even warms up in that time; 2 miles, even worse. You must get some truly shocking gas mileage for the little bit you do. Cold engines = terrible gas miles at the best of times, 4.6l V8 even worse.
About 20 miles to the gallon. It'll be great this summer though....I don't work.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:42 pm
Queen of my house

congratulations
I bought it because it was cool looking and cool sounding....I wanted it. My kids are in college and I decided I'm going to get what I want to get for now on. What's wrong with that?

Last edited by tamms_1965; Apr 25th 2008 at 5:44 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

No need to. I bought it because it was cool looking and cool sounding. What's wrong with that?
Because I dont like it when people buy huge gas guzzling monster cars when they dont need them.....I'm not a green freak, but I just believe that we have a duty to our environment...when I see someone in a hummer it pisses me off so much, same as when I lived in London and I'd see women pulling up to school gates in big range rovers just to do the daily school run. Cars are a nessecity in many parts of the world (I'm not saying you dont need one, I'm sure that you do) but I dont see why people need damaging cars just because they look cool.

Although in saying that, I dont believe in government legislation or charging...for example, I dont believe in the extra congestion charge for 'gas guzzlers', I just think that its one of those things that should become socially unacceptable....
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:51 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Probably a topic for another thread but this case is clearly extremely complicated and ambiguous. It's certainly much more complicated than the Diallo case, for example. I think characterizing it as a "total miscarriage of justice" seems like an overstatement.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:53 pm
Ray

Because I dont like it when people buy huge gas guzzling monster cars when they dont need them......
I drove an 8.2 litre Caddy in London ...

We then.. and now never gave a toss about the green people ..
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:59 pm
Banned

Sexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant futureSexytime has a brilliant future

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.