Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Blood donation in the US .... not if you were in the UK during the 1980s

Blood donation in the US .... not if you were in the UK during the 1980s

Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

usanewlife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blood donation in the US .... not if you were in the UK during the 1980s

Hello fellow expats, I was just wondering if anyone has tried to donate blood. I am asking because my daughter tried to donate blood, which she used to do in the UK. However, upon her completion of the forms at the blood transfusion unit, she was then told that they could not use her blood. The reason given was that she was resident in the UK during the 1980s when the MAD COW disease was around. I should add that they did not even test her blood.

Is this across the whole of the US or just in New York?
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:22 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blood donation in the US .... not if you were in the UK during the 1980s

Thread a few days ago...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...blood+donation
Old Feb 18th 2011, 10:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blood donation in the US .... not if you were in the UK during the 1980s

Closed because of the recent thread on the same topic