Reload this Page >

Black Friday

Wikiposts

Black Friday

Old Nov 25th 2010, 3:27 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Black Friday

Originally Posted by MandyNi
Ehhh can you convert that into non geeky speak for me lol!? I have no idea what you are talking about. All I can tell you is I can load any TTF including dingbats and the Sure Cuts a Lot programme will recognise them. I can design in a normal graphics programme and get it trace and convert them tto SVG files and cut those too. Guess that's all I really need to understand really
Sorry, I was pissed and prob overcomplicating things. I don't really know what it that you're doing with this all, but it's prob not the 2400 dpi stuff I used to work with. I shouldn't worry, if I were you.

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Useful for weighing out the baggies, too.
Nah, there's loads of cheap crap that's accurate to 0.2g that's perfectly good enough for those cnuts. But, given that 0.2g = 3.1 grains, you'll understand why I need a little more precision.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 3:43 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Sorry, I was pissed and prob overcomplicating things. I don't really know what it that you're doing with this all, but it's prob not the 2400 dpi stuff I used to work with. I shouldn't worry, if I were you.
I think....but could well be wrong....that it's an embroidery machine. Probably less than 24 dpi!
Old Nov 25th 2010, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I think....but could well be wrong....that it's an embroidery machine. Probably less than 24 dpi!
@ me, then.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 7:03 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MandyNi
Hmmm I may end up in Walmart or Michaels, only because I want to get a Cricut for my crafting neice and they are soooo much cheaper than she could get one in the UK.
Amazon have just put a Cricut machine up on there limited time offers. Probably the middle of the night where you are though and its only up for 1 hour.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 2:25 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

.... Thingsgetting Day aka Buy Nothing Day...

does watching the madness on tele count as sports watching?
Old Nov 26th 2010, 2:55 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The missus had to work at 5:30 so after dropping her off, went to Walmart as it is only a little further up the street, found a game on someones wish list going cheap, so queued the hour to get it...only to find while doing the grocery shop at Target, where they didn't have queues, it was cheaper on the clearance rack
Old Nov 26th 2010, 3:12 am

Yeah, I was disappointed too. Stayed up past midnight to get those reloading scales, only to find (when I got into the details) that they're only accurate to 0.2 grains, not 0.1 as claimed, so I didn't bother.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 4:08 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I did my Black friday shopping online at Amazon while still in my jammies.
They have those hot deals that come up if you wait and watch, I got Ds's computer I hesitated and they were all gone in about a minute, so I was on the wait list for 30 minutes then finally got one when some people didn't check out in time. I'm very happy to have got it, Toshiba, with the web cam etc for less than I could find a decent one anywhere here. ($329) He'll be very pleased on Christmas day I'm sure.
I did well there last year too, I got older Ds his TomTom.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by N1cky
Amazon have just put a Cricut machine up on there limited time offers. Probably the middle of the night where you are though and its only up for 1 hour.
Walmart has them in stock, online for $185.

I still have no idea what they are, though.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 5:38 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Walmart has them in stock, online for $185.

I still have no idea what they are, though.
Yes, these were selling for $83 though. Big saving.

Not my thing I'm not crafty, just saw someone was after one on here.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 5:44 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Yes, these were selling for $83 though. Big saving.

Not my thing I'm not crafty, just saw someone was after one on here.
the missus really wants the one that does the cake decorations...but I was sooo not going back for it
Old Nov 26th 2010, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Well thank you all for those helpful pointers. The much cheaper one is a smaller version of what I got. I do already have one but the new one is for me and the one I have here is off to my neice as they are much more expensive in the UK even with postage and any customs she might get stung for.

Ohhh and just so you know, it cuts card, paper, vinyl, thin wood veener and such like. I use it in crafting projects, cards, scrapbooking, cupcake wrappers, vinyl wall word art and any number of other artsy fartsy stuff.

This is a pic of a paper piece I did after seeing the now very famous image in a Sunday paper.

But we did manage to get one, the bigger version and a couple of extra bits, all for $200. We were in and out of Walmart in around 25 minutes. Very painless. I've had a harder time trying to get past the blue rinse brigade fighting for plum pudding in Marks and Sparks on Christmas Eve!!

Oh and Bob, the Cricut cake is going reasonably cheaply in Costco at the moment!

Last edited by MandyNi; Nov 26th 2010 at 8:42 am.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 1:57 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Well I broke down and went out, so while we were out I went by Staples and Walmart (not many stores in the boonies) Both were dead. Walmart had loads of cheap flat screen TV's left piled up all over the place, and I got myself a new basic point and shoot Kodak (mine is ancient) just about all the early bird specials were left, minus the laptops. So if anyone wants to get the deals next year it pays to drive up hill to Jackson CA. Even Staples still had a lot of stuff left, I got Ds a padded sleeve for his new laptop and a memory stick all for great prices
Old Nov 26th 2010, 2:24 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Well I broke down and went out, so while we were out I went by Staples and Walmart (not many stores in the boonies) Both were dead. Walmart had loads of cheap flat screen TV's left piled up all over the place, and I got myself a new basic point and shoot Kodak (mine is ancient) just about all the early bird specials were left, minus the laptops. So if anyone wants to get the deals next year it pays to drive up hill to Jackson CA. Even Staples still had a lot of stuff left, I got Ds a padded sleeve for his new laptop and a memory stick all for great prices
Which Kodak was it?

The easy share?
Old Nov 26th 2010, 4:50 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
Which Kodak was it?

The easy share?
Yes just a cheapy that I can actually understand ($59 till they are all gone!) my digi camera is so old it's a 3.2 megapixels, I think it may be wanted by a museum somewhere, as it was a good one back in the day

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.