Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bill + Hillary - in tandem

Bill + Hillary - in tandem

Old Oct 5th 2007, 5:42 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Bill + Hillary - in tandem

"If Hillary Clinton wins the US presidency, Bill Clinton will be given the job of repairing America's damaged international reputation, the former president tells the Guardian in an interview today.

Mr Clinton, 61, reveals that his wife has said she would ask him to "go out and immediately restore America's standing, go out and tell people America was open for business and cooperation again" after eight years marked by unilateralist policies that have "enrage[d] the world"."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,2184177,00.html
Old Oct 5th 2007, 5:50 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bill + Hillary - in tandem

From the article:

"For the first time in his political life, Mr Clinton says, "ordinary US voters in the heartlands are concerned about who would be most likely to restore America's standing in the world" in the wake of the Iraq war, lack of action on climate change and other policies."

Really?
Old Oct 5th 2007, 6:09 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
From the article:

"For the first time in his political life, Mr Clinton says, "ordinary US voters in the heartlands are concerned about who would be most likely to restore America's standing in the world" in the wake of the Iraq war, lack of action on climate change and other policies."

Really?
Hm?
Old Oct 5th 2007, 6:52 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

She will not win. If she wins the nomination, the Repubs are back in again
Old Oct 5th 2007, 6:57 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

To tell you the truth, the Republicans don't have anyone that impresses me. So I actually started looking at Democrats but I don't see anyone there either. BTW, I have voted both Republican and Democrat in previous Presidential elections.

Not in the same one though.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 7:03 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
She will not win. If she wins the nomination, the Repubs are back in again
You never did explain why you dislike/hate/abhor Hilary. That leaves us free to use our imaginations........

Hm, I wonder if she did explain on one of those times when I was off wandering in the wilderness that is my mind.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 7:36 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

I just don't think that the US public in general is ready for a women prez. The sheeple brigade will be out there voting against her in droves - and those in the midwest/south particularly dislike the Clintons.

My opinion anyway, for what it is worth.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
I just don't think that the US public in general is ready for a women prez. The sheeple brigade will be out there voting against her in droves - and those in the midwest/south particularly dislike the Clintons.

My opinion anyway, for what it is worth.
I'd have to somewhat agree - I'm in the midwest, and I absolutely abhor the Clintons.

What an embarrasment to the nation he was.

I wouldn't particularly mind a woman, just THAT woman.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 8:33 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
I'd have to somewhat agree - I'm in the midwest, and I absolutely abhor the Clintons.

What an embarrasment to the nation he was.

I wouldn't particularly mind a woman, just THAT woman.
Bill wasn't the embarrassment, the idiots who tried to impeach him made the USA laughing stock to the rest of the world.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
Bill wasn't the embarrassment, the idiots who tried to impeach him made the USA laughing stock to the rest of the world.
Well, everyone has an opinion I suppose.

I personally think he was a huge embarrassment.

I don't care who he sleeps with, really.... but if you're gonna be a liar, at least be a smarter one. And a bit less sleazy and disgusting wouldn't hurt either.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 10:10 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care who he sleeps with, really.... but if you're gonna be a liar, at least be a smarter one. And a bit less sleazy and disgusting wouldn't hurt either.
i think its fair to say that bill was respected around the world as a great statesmen and overall brought a great deal of prosperity to the USA

certainly a lot better than Dubya I and Dubya II by most objective metrics....

I don't like hilary much to be honest, her universal health care plan is not universal healthcare and I don't like the way she panders to lobbyists and she is not likely to be good to my family tax wise, so i basically lose on all counts.

getting the religious shite out of US politics and removing barriers to science would certainly count in her favour in my opinion.

Given the choice of her or that moron Fred Thompson or the cnut Rudy or Mitt 'flip flop' Romeny I would rather take her anyday as best of a bad bunch

BUT

I intend to buy my AR-15 & Ar-10 assault rifles with lots of high-capacity magazines and a silencer for my .22 rifle well before the election
Old Oct 5th 2007, 10:25 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Bill + Hillary - in tandem

Is Guilani sleazy and disgusting enough for you? He had his mistress sleeping upstairs in the governor's mansion with him, while his wife and children were ensconced one floor down from them.

GO HILARY!
Old Oct 5th 2007, 10:40 pm

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Uhh… Bush isn’t an embarrassment? Bill had some girl choke his chicken; Bush is responsible for thousands of deaths, and cheated his way into office, anyone remember that one? Liar Sleazy? Sounds Bushy to me.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by hatfield1
Uhh… Bush isn’t an embarrassment? Bill had some girl choke his chicken; Bush is responsible for thousands of deaths, and cheated his way into office, anyone remember that one? Liar Sleazy? Sounds Bushy to me.
Didn't say I liked any of them.

But, I will never change my mind about Clinton. I don't care that he fooled around (tho I don't admire it). But he's a liar, and not even a good one. And just plain repulsive.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 3:35 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

A politician who lied. Who would have thought such a thing could happen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.