Bikes in LA

Old Jan 18th 2004, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Bald Badger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bikes in LA

Got my visa C1/D and going to LA next week to work out of long beach (instead of Miami) couple of questions, should I bring my old bike or buy a new one in long beach, how safe is long beach in general and is it OK to ride my bike around. Do the cops get picky if you ride on the pavement? (scared of traffic) Are helmets compulsory in CA
Old Jan 18th 2004, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bikes in LA

i'm assuming you're talking bicycles.

downtown LB is fine and they even have bike trails near the beach. It's pretty safe.

At night, never know. Lots of illegals and gangbangers here, so you could get jumped anytime especilaly if you bike past 7th street up to PCH. The "ghetto" part of LB.

LB cops are pretty lax and pretty nice.

-= nav =-
Old Jan 19th 2004, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by supernav
i'm assuming you're talking bicycles.

downtown LB is fine and they even have bike trails near the beach. It's pretty safe.

At night, never know. Lots of illegals and gangbangers here, so you could get jumped anytime especilaly if you bike past 7th street up to PCH. The "ghetto" part of LB.

LB cops are pretty lax and pretty nice.

-= nav =-
thanx 4 the info.... wot the hell is a gangbanger? over here it's a group of rapist's
Old Jan 19th 2004, 2:23 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bald Badger
thanx 4 the info.... wot the hell is a gangbanger? over here it's a group of rapist's
It's a member of a gang.

Sounds tougher than "gang member"
Old Jan 19th 2004, 2:23 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bald Badger
A "gangbanger" is a gang member who shoots people. I only know that because I just finished reading Monster, an autobiography of Monster Kody an LA gangmember. A pointless piece of prose if you ask me, which was just one long rant about looking for excuses as to why he killed people and trying to justify it because he'd had such a hard life. If only these people accepted and recognized that they kill people, steal cars and sell drugs because they are stupid and lazy, then they'd get a lot further on in life, instead of making up excuses as to why they are perfectly entitled to live corrupt and destructive lives at the expense of everybody else. Rather than giving me an insight into their "tortured and abused minds" it just made me despise their useless existence even more.

Social analysis over for the day. :lecture:
Old Jan 19th 2004, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rockgurl
A "gangbanger" is a gang member who shoots people. I only know that because I just finished reading Monster, an autobiography of Monster Kody an LA gangmember.
I've read that book. And thought it was more about the moral decay of the inner city in America, than him bragging on how many people he'd killed.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Pimpbot
I've read that book. And thought it was more about the moral decay of the inner city in America, than him bragging on how many people he'd killed.
$H!T, now I'm scared
Old Jan 20th 2004, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Its a good read. It is quite scary when you consider the book is written about the streets of L.A. Gives a good insight into the Crips and Bloods street gangs. You might want to stop wearing red and blue when you move. lol

http://www.streetgangs.com/bibliogra...nsterkody.html