Big Vern

Old Apr 15th 2004, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Big Vern

You know when you bought your visa courier envelope and you get the little slip with the job details and tracking number - did you ever check the status on www.visadelivery.com ?

I have been checking every day since last Thursday and its still saying number not recognised and it therefore must still be with Consular Services being processed.

The lady did say to me 5 working days and therefore I figured I should be safe to book my flight for 21st next week. I guess your timeframe was what - 4 days from when you were there till you got it if I remember correctly? Just getting a little worried now, since I only have effectively tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday. :scared:
Old Apr 15th 2004, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Big Vern

Originally posted by Lesley1020
You know when you bought your visa courier envelope and you get the little slip with the job details and tracking number - did you ever check the status on www.visadelivery.com ?

I have been checking every day since last Thursday and its still saying number not recognised and it therefore must still be with Consular Services being processed.

The lady did say to me 5 working days and therefore I figured I should be safe to book my flight for 21st next week. I guess your timeframe was what - 4 days from when you were there till you got it if I remember correctly? Just getting a little worried now, since I only have effectively tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday. :scared:
Hi Lesley

I must admit that I never did check with VisaDelivery, but then we weren't in that much of a rush.

Don't forget that most offices and post offices were closed Friday and Monday (and possibly Tuesday) so chances are that yesterday was the first day back for a lot of people and your stuff may well be on it's way to you right now. I can't imagine it taking more that a day in transit once it's been processed.

I wouldn't worry too much just yet, you've still got four postal deliveries to come - we applied Monday and the passports came back Friday morning....

Fingers crossed - let me know when you get it...
Old Apr 15th 2004, 1:01 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Not meaning to sound rude, Lesley, but didn't the US Embassy and visa documents specifically warn you not to book your air tickets before you had your visa in-hand?

It was the last thing our we were told in our intervew, even though the interviewer had already told us we were sure to be granted the visa.

I hope it turns up in time for your - I'm sure it will. Are your flight bookings flexible?
Old Apr 15th 2004, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep you are absolutely right - I know I've taken a chance - but my US employer had already agreed to 3 postponements of start date (we're way past the guideline CIEE gave me) and made it clear I need to be starting work on a certain date - also with the cats, I have to book in advance since they have to book space (and check if its available) all the way through. As it is, KLM are not confirming now until 48 hrs before flight if they can go or not, but don't think it will be a problem. Ah well, I'll just have to wait and see what happens - I can only blame myself for this one!
Old Apr 15th 2004, 2:34 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Vern

Hi Lesley

My sons visa was delivered by visa delivery courier. It should have been delivered within 24 hours but didn't arrive until 48 hours later at 3pm. He was catching a train at 5pm to go and stay with his father and my house was being sold the next day! They cut it pretty fine. However on their web site there is a phone number to call if you have a problem. I called it and they told us where it was. Like you, the online status simply said it had left the US Embassy. Hope you get your visa soon.

Maggie

PS. I brought my over dog last year and my cat this year in March. The cat has settled in like she's been here all her life, dog too.

Originally posted by Lesley1020