Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Big Metal Box

Big Metal Box

Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Metal Box

Originally Posted by Dr Glovepuppet
In my youth in Scotchlandshire I was a motorcycle courier (the true meaning of cold) and one of my co-workers used to wear womens pantyhose beneath his leathers/waterproofs as he claimed they kept him much much warmer.
I never put his theory to the test but I did borrow his brassiere a couple of times.
Only kidding.
About the bra.

Fiance doesn't like the traditional food? Have you checked to make sure he isn't gay or French.
Have you seen the movie Green Card?
Wahaha wahhahah.
Evil Laff
Talking to fiance just now...

Hmmm.... he does speak French actually. And was most fond of my bolognese and boef bourignon. Hmmm...

Neither of us have seen Green Card - but he was saying he'd been advised to. Guess we'll have to give it a try, when we get him over here.

Come on, you know you wanna experience those sexy silky pantyhose for yourself... along with the lacy bra...

When was that we were going to get to see a pic of you in your avatar?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Location: Northern California..about 20miles South of SFrancisco
Dr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud of

Oh yeah..the avatar/photo.
I must get on that.

as for the silky...be still my beating heart.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:36 am
'mon the cowboys

texas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, back to the plot - where in Scotland are you, and what do you need moved?

C
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by texas_ranger
Anyway, back to the plot - where in Scotland are you, and what do you need moved?

C
Pardon... I didn't quite understand that..
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Dr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud of

In Scotland you are looking at a place called Aberfoyle, about 30 miles NW of Glasgow.
We have most of the big stuff here in Cali now and it may not be cost effective to bring over the couches and the nice bed and all the bigger items.
They are nice but I'm not that attached to them.
Prices on the BIG mover sites all tend to be insane and it just wouldn't be worth it.
I can live without my vinyl and CD's.
I just wondered if there are any local cut price Glasgow based shippers.
The Internet threw up very little.
Maybe East Coast it and U Haul it back over...but the thought...
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:23 am
Just Joined

And Tracym you mentioned the word sexy and silky in the same line.
I'm 40 and my heart could have packed in.
Danger Danger Will Robinson
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

In Scotland you are looking at a place called Aberfoyle, about 30 miles NW of Glasgow.
We have most of the big stuff here in Cali now and it may not be cost effective to bring over the couches and the nice bed and all the bigger items.
They are nice but I'm not that attached to them.
Prices on the BIG mover sites all tend to be insane and it just wouldn't be worth it.
I can live without my vinyl and CD's.
I just wondered if there are any local cut price Glasgow based shippers.
The Internet threw up very little.
Maybe East Coast it and U Haul it back over...but the thought...
Someone mentioned these folks:

http://www.excessbaggage.co.uk/
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

Thanks T I've emailed them. I'll wait and see what comes back.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And Tracym you mentioned the word sexy and silky in the same line.
I'm 40 and my heart could have packed in.
Danger Danger Will Robinson
You'd better be careful reading BE then - you'll have seven heart attacks for sure!